Republic Services Landfill Laborer - Up to $17hr in Celina, Ohio
Republic Services is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and non-hazardous solid waste disposal. Through our subsidiaries, Republic’s collection operations, transfer stations, recycling processing centers, landfills and environmental services provide effective solutions to make recycling and waste disposal effortless for our 14 million customers nationwide. Our 36,000 employees working in 41 states and Puerto Rico are committed to providing a superior customer experience while helping ensure a cleaner, safer and healthier world for future generations.
Why Work with Us
At Republic Services, we strive to create a workplace that is meaningful and rewarding at every level of our organization. Our employees thrive in an atmosphere where safety is revered, and each person can be a compassionate steward of our environment. We hire the best people to make Republic a great place to work. We are focused on attracting talented individuals across professions who are as committed to serving customers and the planet as we are. We’re proud to be recognized on Barron’s 100 Most Sustainable Companies, Forbes World’s Most Innovative Companies, Forbes Best Employers for Women, Forbes Best Large Employers and Ethisphere’s World’s Most Ethical Companies lists. Republic is also the only company in our industry that is a certified Great Place to Work.
POSITION SUMMARY: A Laborer is responsible for safely and efficiently performing general labor duties at a hauling company, transfer station, recycling center or landfill. Responsibilities may include such things as yard clean-up, fueling vehicles and equipment, general vehicle operation, general office maintenance and other related duties.
- Safely and efficiently perform assigned responsibilities to include such duties as:o Clean up work areas;o Fuel vehicles and equipment;o Clean track on track type and related equipment;o Perform yard work, including mowing and paper pick up;o Operate general site vehicles and equipment, such as water trucks, pick up trucks, sweepers, mowers, trimming equipment, etc.;o Perform general office maintenance and repairs, including painting and janitorial work;o Install temporary wind fences, as required;o Direct traffic at the site as necessary; ando Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
• Short- and long-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
• Employee discount programs.
• 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, relationship or association with a protected veteran (spouses or other family members), genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
We work for Earth. Every day, we come to work with two purposes in mind – serving our customers and doing our part to preserve our Blue Planet®. Our commitment to both has led to such things as landfill innovations, solar energy projects, community education designed to teach people to properly recycle, ongoing efforts to reduce our vehicle emissions and improving safety through technology—to name a few. To put it simply, we are 35,000 guardians of the environment, striving to make the world a better place.
Republic Services is more than a recycling and waste services company. We are a company dedicated to turning waste into possibilities. Together, united under the Republic Star, we are working for a cleaner, safer and healthier world where people thrive, not just for today, but for generations to come.