Republic Services Operations Manager - E&P in Cotulla, Texas
Republic Services is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and non-hazardous solid waste. Through our subsidiaries, Republic’s collection companies, recycling centers, transfer stations, and landfills focus on providing effective solutions to make proper waste disposal effortless for our 14 million customers. We’ll handle it from here., our brand promise, lets customers know they can count on Republic to provide a superior experience while fostering a sustainable Blue Planet for future generations to enjoy a cleaner, safer and healthier world. Why Work with Us Our Company cannot thrive without great people devoted to serving customers, the community and the planet. We hire the best people to make Republic a great place to work. We are focused on attracting talented individuals across professions who are as committed to serving customers and the planet as we are. We strive to create a workplace that's meaningful and rewarding to our 33,000 employees. That's why we are proud to be recognized as Best Large Employer by Forbes, World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere, and Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s 2018 Corporate Equality Index.
The Company’s E&P division provides oilfield waste services to its customer base and operates three types of waste management and disposal facilities: treatment, recovery and disposal facilities; engineered landfills; and salt water disposal injection wells. The Operations Manager E&P works with his or her Basin Manager and other managers in the business unit to execute a local market strategy that complements the Energy Division’s overall strategic operating and marketing plans and implements tactical initiatives to drive functional excellence and budget achievement. The Operations Manager E&P oversees all matters related to the assigned operations, implements effective safety and accident prevention programs, leads all operations to ensure compliance with standards, and drives change management initiatives to introduce and sustain new processes that contribute to the growth and durability of the operations of the business unit.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Ability to direct large staff. • Process-oriented and results-oriented in setting and pursuing aggressive goals, demonstrating a strong commitment to organizational success and marshaling resources to accomplish goals and objectives. • Demonstrated problem-solving, analytical, critical-thinking and decision-making skills. • Collaborative; builds and works with teams. • Creative thinker who challenges conventional solutions. • Demonstrates and promotes ethical behavior. • Strong leadership skills and proven judgment of talent, with an emphasis on hiring and developing high performance teams.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Sciences, Engineering, Business or related field. • Previous employment with a Fortune 500 company. • Experience managing multiple operations. • Experience in labor relations. • Experience managing P&L line items. • Experience working at a site regulated by OSHA. • Experience in either landfill operations, including scheduling and planning, waste placement and soil/cover usage/management; or trucking operations, including route management, dispatch and prompt customer service in a geographically dispersed area. • Experience in oilfield service operations.
• Responsible for managing employees, including hiring, training, coaching and performance management.
• Develops supervisory goals and objectives.
• Resolves safety issues and claims.
• Works with the Basin Manager to evaluate the site and service requirements of the operations to develop an effective and efficient operating plan.
• Monitors and ensures compliance with all safety, environmental and equipment maintenance policies; ensures area of responsibility is operated in a manner that is consistent with conditions stipulated in the applicable permit(s).
• Drives functional plans within the operations group to execute against the business plan to achieve or exceed the business unit’s budget and strategic plan to grow the business, and meet or exceed service objectives.
• Leads all matters related to operations to ensure overall operations meet safety, compliance and P&L objectives.
• Manages relationships with all outside contractors.
• Establishes productivity goals where needed; ensures adherence to operating standards; and manages labor hours and expenses.
• Coordinates with maintenance department to ensure all equipment remains in working order and in compliance with safety standards.
• Oversees effective safety and accident prevention programs to ensure all reasonable actions are taken to prevent accidents and injuries; ensures a safe and productive work environment for all employees; implements and maintains an effective loss control and safety program.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent. The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• Minimum of 2 years of supervisory or management experience or participation in Republic Services’ management trainee program.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
• Short- and long-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
• Employee discount programs.
• 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.