Republic Services Support Desk Coordinator in Crestwood, Illinois
Republic Services is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and non-hazardous solid waste. Through our subsidiaries, Republic’s collection companies, recycling centers, transfer stations, and landfills focus on providing effective solutions to make proper waste disposal effortless for our 14 million customers. We’ll handle it from here., our brand promise, lets customers know they can count on Republic to provide a superior experience while fostering a sustainable Blue Planet for future generations to enjoy a cleaner, safer and healthier world. Why Work with Us Our Company cannot thrive without great people devoted to serving customers, the community and the planet. We hire the best people to make Republic a great place to work. We are focused on attracting talented individuals across professions who are as committed to serving customers and the planet as we are. We strive to create a workplace that's meaningful and rewarding to our 33,000 employees. That's why we are proud to be recognized as Best Large Employer by Forbes, World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere, and Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s 2018 Corporate Equality Index.
The Support Desk Coordinator provides first level customer service problem diagnosis and phone support to Republic Services employees all throughout the Company. The Support Desk Coordinator acts as a single point of contact between the caller and other IT resources to close calls on a first-call basis. This position also documents incoming calls and their resolutions, manages call dispatching and problem resolution with other IT resources, and works with team members to develop, approve, validate, and maintain problem resolution databases.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Experience with supporting and troubleshooting currently available laptop or desktop industry standard operating systems and networks.
• Working knowledge of Republic application software (proprietary and package).
• Experience with incident/problem tracking software.
• Good organizational skills.
• Superior customer service and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical users.
• Experience supporting remote control software and handheld/mobile devices.
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or an IT-related field.
• Minimum of 2 years of end user support experience in a 1000+ highly decentralized user environment.
• Appropriate IT related certifications eg. Microsoft, Cisco, Novell.
• Interprets, analyzes, diagnoses, documents and resolves first level customer service problems related to Republic Services supported hardware, software, LANs and WANs with the objective of closing calls on a first call basis.
• Solves intermediate to complex questions and problems related to application software, operating systems software, and the LAN/WAN.
• Researches support issues when resolutions are not readily attainable by checking available resources including, but not limited to: the incident/problem tracking system, internal websites, software manuals, and other team members.
• Appropriately escalates problems as required and monitors resolution progress until the problem is resolved to the caller’s satisfaction.
• Using the incident/problem tracking system, accurately documents all incoming calls documents all call resolutions.
• Keeps Support Desk team and management apprised of any new support issues in a clear and timely manner.
• Works to consistently improve call handling and resolution processes.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent. The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required by personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• High School Diploma or G.E.D.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
• Short- and long-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
• Employee discount programs.
• 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.