Republic Services Truck Driver CDL A-HazMat Field Technician in Detroit, Michigan
Republic Services is a leader in Environmental Services, partnering with customers to create a more sustainable world.
We are Sustainability in Action — our promise to be environmentally responsible and to help our customers be environmentally responsible too.
Why choose Republic?
Joining Republic isn’t just about taking on a new job, it’s about making a commitment to create a more sustainable world together. Our people provide an essential service, serving and impacting customers, neighborhoods, and communities everywhere.
As a company, we are proud of our values and encourage those who share in our aspirations to join our team:
We protect our colleagues and communities through safe practices everywhere, every day.
We are committed to serving our customers and communities by going above and beyond to exceed expectations.
We take action to improve neighborhoods and communities by being environmentally responsible and creating a more sustainable world.
We are driven to deliver results in the right way.
We encourage a human centered culture that honors the unique potential and dignity of every person.
POSITION SUMMARY : The HazMat Field Driver/Technician Driver will be responsible for proper transportation of various waste streams at various generator sites. Operate Straight Trucks (box trucks) and Tractor Trailers to perform pickups of bulk and containerized hazardous and non-hazardous wastes. Performs a variety of duties that comply with government regulations and procedures.
• Operates trucks which may include roll-offs, tankers, gravel trains, tractor trailers, box trucks, etc.
• Performs LTL (less than load) pickups.
• Maintains driver documents, such as logbook, quarterly permit book, trip reports, wastes manifests, etc.
• Understands and ensures accurate placarding, load securement, HAZMAT load segregation and labeling
• Clear understanding of state weight limit laws.
• Maintains company equipment
• Understands and utilizes company technology, such as mobile applications and software maintenance, as assigned by leaders.
• Performs DOT / MOT pre-trip and post trip vehicle inspections.
• Effectively interacts and communicates with customers to ensure satisfaction
• Processes hazardous and non-hazardous materials as needed.
• Assists in maintaining good housekeeping at facility and on grounds.
• May function as technician on lab pack and field service projects.
• Participates in Site Safety program and required training.
• Performs other, related duties as assigned. These are duties may not be specifically listed in this description, but which are within the general nature typically associated with the employee’s level of work.
• Knowledge of electrical, plumbing, hydraulic and compressor systems.
• Knowledge of pumps, motors, motor controls, instrumentation, metal fabrication, and other maintenance functions.
• Skilled using hand and shop tools, and instruments.
• Demonstrates, accuracy, thoroughness, and attention to detail.
• Must be able to prioritize, stay focused and handle multiple, diverse responsibilities.
• Class A Commercial Driver’s license is required with hazardous material and tanker endorsements or ability to get endorsement(s) within 90 days from hire date
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
• Short- and long-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
• Employee discount programs.
• Retirement plan with a generous company match.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
EEO STATEMENT:Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, relationship or association with a protected veteran (spouses or other family members), genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.