Republic Services Environmental Compliance Manager in Elizabeth, New Jersey
Republic Services is a leader in Environmental Services, partnering with customers to create a more sustainable world.
We are Sustainability in Action — our promise to be environmentally responsible and to help our customers be environmentally responsible too.
Why choose Republic?
Joining Republic isn’t just about taking on a new job, it’s about making a commitment to create a more sustainable world together. Our people provide an essential service, serving and impacting customers, neighborhoods, and communities everywhere.
As a company, we are proud of our values and encourage those who share in our aspirations to join our team:
We protect our colleagues and communities through safe practices everywhere, every day.
We are committed to serving our customers and communities by going above and beyond to exceed expectations.
We take action to improve neighborhoods and communities by being environmentally responsible and creating a more sustainable world.
We are driven to deliver results in the right way.
We encourage a human centered culture that honors the unique potential and dignity of every person.
The primary purpose of the position is to ensure that the RCRA Part B Permitted TSDF maintains compliance with all environmental, health and safety, transportation, quality, and company standards.
• Provide technical expertise for federal, state, local and company environmental regulations and policies. Ensure that they are being followed throughout the facility.
• Manage and develop environmental compliance training programs for facility employees including creation of the annual DPCC spill drill. Responsible for compliance with these programs & procedures within the facility.
• Conduct daily facility inspections to ensure that local, state, and federal environmental regulations, programs, record keeping/ permit procedures, monitoring and other related activities are being followed and performed to company and permit standards.
• Serve as the facility regulatory agency contact for inspections, permitting, and other communications with government agencies.
• Assist in the preparation of environmental permit renewals (air, stormwater, TRI, etc.) and ensure all required reports are submitted on time to appropriate agencies.
• Ensure employee safety by addressing any observed violations of the company health and safety programs with the employee, and alerting facility management of any equipment, mechanical, or other deficiencies.
• Investigate incidents and accidents and prepare a written report and make recommendations for corrective actions. Additionally participate/ lead IRT meetings as necessary.
• Maintain Housekeeping Program including completion of housekeeping audits based on required frequency.
Work closely and cooperatively with Managers and Supervisors to accomplish shared goals. Develop a positive working relationship with both internal and external customers.
• Develop and maintain expertise on environmental regulations. Serve as a regulatory resource for the facility.
• Performance of other duties and responsibilities as required by management
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
• Short- and long-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
• Employee discount programs.
• 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, relationship or association with a protected veteran (spouses or other family members), genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Why Work With Us
Republic Services is a place where your effort is always appreciated and your teammates always have your back. When you give us your best, we give you ours. We’re constantly investing in new tools and technology that allow you to do your job safely and effectively. We offer plenty of opportunities to learn and grow within your role. And when we say “Sustainability in Action,” we mean it. Together, we’re leaving the world better than we found it through the work we do every day. Are you in? Keep reading to learn more about the position we’re hiring for.