Republic Services Maintenance Shop Laborer in Enoree, South Carolina
Republic Services is a leader in Environmental Services, partnering with customers to create a more sustainable world.
We are Sustainability in Action — our promise to be environmentally responsible and to help our customers be environmentally responsible too.
Why choose Republic?
Joining Republic isn’t just about taking on a new job, it’s about making a commitment to create a more sustainable world together. Our people provide an essential service, serving and impacting customers, neighborhoods, and communities everywhere.
As a company, we are proud of our values and encourage those who share in our aspirations to join our team:
We protect our colleagues and communities through safe practices everywhere, every day.
We are committed to serving our customers and communities by going above and beyond to exceed expectations.
We take action to improve neighborhoods and communities by being environmentally responsible and creating a more sustainable world.
We are driven to deliver results in the right way.
We encourage a human centered culture that honors the unique potential and dignity of every person.
POSITION SUMMARY: A Laborer is responsible for safely and efficiently performing general labor duties at a hauling company, transfer station, recycling center or landfill. Responsibilities may include such things as yard clean-up, fueling vehicles and equipment, general vehicle operation, general office maintenance and other related duties.
- Safely and efficiently perform assigned responsibilities to include such duties as:o Clean up work areas;o Fuel vehicles and equipment;o Clean track on track type and related equipment;o Perform yard work, including mowing and paper pick up;o Operate general site vehicles and equipment, such as water trucks, pick up trucks, sweepers, mowers, trimming equipment, etc.;o Perform general office maintenance and repairs, including painting and janitorial work;o Install temporary wind fences, as required;o Direct traffic at the site as necessary; ando Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
• Short- and long-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
• Employee discount programs.
• Retirement plan with a generous company match.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
EEO STATEMENT:Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, relationship or association with a protected veteran (spouses or other family members), genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.