Republic Services Recycle Facility Truck Driver Class A CDL in Farmingdale, New Jersey
Republic Services is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and non-hazardous solid waste. Through our subsidiaries, Republic’s collection companies, recycling centers, transfer stations, and landfills focus on providing effective solutions to make proper waste disposal effortless for our 14 million customers. We’ll handle it from here., our brand promise, lets customers know they can count on Republic to provide a superior experience while fostering a sustainable Blue Planet for future generations to enjoy a cleaner, safer and healthier world. Why Work with Us Our Company cannot thrive without great people devoted to serving customers, the community and the planet. We hire the best people to make Republic a great place to work. We are focused on attracting talented individuals across professions who are as committed to serving customers and the planet as we are. We strive to create a workplace that's meaningful and rewarding to our 33,000 employees. That's why we are proud to be recognized as Best Large Employer by Forbes, World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere, and Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s 2018 Corporate Equality Index.
A Recycling Facility Driver Class A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) services the Company’s Material Recovery Facilities (MFR) and is responsible for safely operating a heavy commercial truck, a tractor trailer, a roll-off truck or a straight truck with a pup trailer to provide prompt and courteous complete waste and recycle removal services, including the delivery and removal of baled and loose recycling products. A Recycling Facility Driver Class A CDL is responsible for ensuring his or her vehicle is in compliance with the Company’s safety standards prior to operating the vehicle, ensures that all Company, state and federal regulations are adhered to at all times while operating the vehicle, and completes vehicle condition reports (“VCRs”) on a daily basis to ensure that any vehicle defects are repaired in a timely manner.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Demonstrated mechanical aptitude to be able to do perform minor repairs to trucks and other operating equipment.
• Good customer services skills to meet and exceed customer expectations; acts in a professional, courteous and cooperative manner toward customers and co-workers; works with a sense of honesty and trustworthiness.
• Good time management skills to ensure assigned responsibilities are completed in an efficient and safe manner.
• Good follow through ability; adheres to work schedule and follows through on challenges as they arise.
• Ability to adhere to Company policies and rules set forth; promotes the Company’s safety standards; does not take inappropriate risks.
• Maintains a feeling of pride in work; strives to achieve all goals.
• Minimum of 2 years of prior experience driving commercial or heavy trucks.
• Minimum of 2 years of prior experience operating forklifts or skid steers.
• Performs complete pre- and post-operation inspection of the vehicle in accordance with Company policy to ensure tire pressure, fluid levels, safety equipment, gauges, and controls are in proper working order. Reports any safety issues on standard reports.
• Safely operates his or her heavy truck, tractor or trailer along designated route, customer locations and to the disposal site; reads route sheet, follows map and service each customer as identified on the route sheet or as assigned by the dispatcher and/or supervisor.
• Operates manual and/or automatic controls in accordance with Company safety policies and procedures to lift and load refuse, operate compactor and dispose of collected material at the designated facility.
• Courteously interacts with all customers, dispatchers and others on a daily basis to ensure all customer routes are serviced in a timely and professional manner.
• Performs minor repairs to containers on site or in the container yard.
• Identifies unsatisfactory waste containers and tag containers in accordance with applicable departmental procedures.
• Continuously monitors waste for evidence of unacceptable waste.
• Cleans area around an accidental waste spill, ensuring adherence to all applicable safety standards and policies.
• Continuously monitors the condition of the vehicle to ensure it is operationally ready at all times to minimize down time; clean waste from the container and container edges on each disposal trip.
• Completes required route/productivity sheets, VCRs and other reports, as required.
• Maintains adherence to required productivity standards for the department to ensure all customers are serviced in a timely and efficient manner.
• Assists with the unloading of materials at the Material Recycling Facility (MRF) when necessary.
• Follows all required safety policies and procedures.
• Actively participates in the Company’s ReSOP program.
• Perform other job-related duties as assigned. The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• Class A Commercial Driver’s License with air brakes endorsement.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
• Short- and long-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
• Employee discount programs.
• 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.