Republic Services Payroll Processor in Fort Wayne, Indiana
Republic Services is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and non-hazardous solid waste. Through our subsidiaries, Republic’s collection companies, recycling centers, transfer stations, and landfills focus on providing effective solutions to make proper waste disposal effortless for our 14 million customers. We’ll handle it from here., our brand promise, lets customers know they can count on Republic to provide a superior experience while fostering a sustainable Blue Planet for future generations to enjoy a cleaner, safer and healthier world. Why Work with Us Our Company cannot thrive without great people devoted to serving customers, the community and the planet. We hire the best people to make Republic a great place to work. We are focused on attracting talented individuals across professions who are as committed to serving customers and the planet as we are. We strive to create a workplace that's meaningful and rewarding to our 33,000 employees. That's why we are proud to be recognized as Best Large Employer by Forbes, World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere, and Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s 2018 Corporate Equality Index.
With general supervision, this role assists in the day-to-day administration and weekly processing of payroll.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Written and verbal communication skills.
• Basic payroll function and knowledge of payroll law.
• Basic knowledge of the regular rate of pay calculation under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
• Familiarity with basic federal, state and applicable local tax calculations.
• Must have the ability to learn field payroll and division’s payroll, attendance, and compensation concepts, practices, and procedures and execute appropriately.
• Ability to maintain focus and attention to detail.
• Ability to meet strict deadlines.
• Ability to maintain confidential information.
• Basic Excel and Word skills.
• Fundamental Payroll Certification (FPC)
• Gathers and reviews hourly, weekly and salary payroll per established guidelines.
• Collects and audits time & attendance data.
• Assists in calculating and/or auditing driver incentive pay such as pay by yards, homes, zones and day rates.
• Responds to requests for information from union, tax authorities and other agencies.
• Follows local payroll practices.
• Maintains payroll records in accordance with Payroll Record Retention policy.
• Assists the Payroll Administrator with local payroll training.
• Provides customer support.
• Acts as liaison between the Payroll Administrator and frontline employees.
• Sends manual check requests to the Payroll Administrator.
• Works with the Payroll Administrator to ensure daily rules are accurate.
• Monitors time and attendance system to ensure supervisors approve records on a timely basis.
• Ensures that all payroll transactions have appropriate approval per Level of Authority Policy.
• Ensures that employees have certified the accuracy of their time records and maintain records of same.
• Forwards garnishment wage orders to corporate payroll department on a timely basis.
• Investigates and assists in resolution of payroll discrepancies.
• Enters direct deposit requests and resolves rejects; ensures all ACH transactions are accurately transmitted on a timely basis.
• Assists in maintaining up-to-date paid time off accruals for employees.
• Assists in reconciliation of deductions such as union dues, union pensions and charitable contributions.
• Performs additional duties as assigned or apparent. The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required by personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company. The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required by personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• High school diploma or G.E.D.
• Minimum of 1 year of payroll experience.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
• Short- and long-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
• Employee discount programs.
• 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.