Republic Services Specialist Billing in Greensboro, North Carolina
Republic Services is a leader in Environmental Services, partnering with customers to create a more sustainable world.
We are Sustainability in Action — our promise to be environmentally responsible and to help our customers be environmentally responsible too.
Why choose Republic?
Joining Republic isn’t just about taking on a new job, it’s about making a commitment to create a more sustainable world together. Our people provide an essential service, serving and impacting customers, neighborhoods, and communities everywhere.
As a company, we are proud of our values and encourage those who share in our aspirations to join our team:
We protect our colleagues and communities through safe practices everywhere, every day.
We are committed to serving our customers and communities by going above and beyond to exceed expectations.
We take action to improve neighborhoods and communities by being environmentally responsible and creating a more sustainable world.
We are driven to deliver results in the right way.
We encourage a human centered culture that honors the unique potential and dignity of every person.
The Billing Specialist will be responsible for timely and accurate entry of billing invoices into customer portals. The Billing Specialist will enter and scan invoices for all required facilities. The specialist will work with various web-based financial systems per request of customers requiring electronic invoicing when necessary and where applicable. The Billing Specialist must ensure customers receive their invoices with the required attachments uploaded into their portals. The Billing Specialist will also be responsible for the weekly submittal of payroll
· Comply with all accounting/billing policies and procedures
· Electronic entry of invoices each day they are available from the invoice with customer approval
· Save invoices as PDF file and all additional required documents such as a billing summary
· Print confirmation of submitted invoice and attach to invoice for reference and follow up
· Contact appropriate associates such as General Managers to payment forecasting/agreements etc.
· Demonstrate proficient comprehension of contract pricing as it relates to the billing process.
· Maintain and update excel spreadsheets
· Work with excel daily
· Weekly reporting to Billing Supervisor of invoice entry/adjustments etc.• Review and monitor of electronic invoicing customers aging and follow up of invoices not accepted in customer portal
· Answer phones, file and work on special projects as directed by management
· Perform other, related tasks as assigned
High School Diploma/GED
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including but not limited to Word, Excel, and Outlook.
· Accounting Degree (preferred) or 10 years of hands-on billing experience• Ability to work in fast paced, high stress situations and process high volume of billing invoices
· Organized and able to work independently without supervision.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
• Short- and long-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
• Employee discount programs.
• 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, relationship or association with a protected veteran (spouses or other family members), genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Why Work With Us
Republic Services is a place where your effort is always appreciated and your teammates always have your back. When you give us your best, we give you ours. We’re constantly investing in new tools and technology that allow you to do your job safely and effectively. We offer plenty of opportunities to learn and grow within your role. And when we say “Sustainability in Action,” we mean it. Together, we’re leaving the world better than we found it through the work we do every day. Are you in? Keep reading to learn more about the position we’re hiring for.