Republic Services Env Field Tech Industrial Svcs in Houston, Texas
Republic Services is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and non-hazardous solid waste. Through our subsidiaries, Republic’s collection companies, recycling centers, transfer stations, and landfills focus on providing effective solutions to make proper waste disposal effortless for our 14 million customers. We’ll handle it from here., our brand promise, lets customers know they can count on Republic to provide a superior experience while fostering a sustainable Blue Planet for future generations to enjoy a cleaner, safer and healthier world. Why Work with Us Our Company cannot thrive without great people devoted to serving customers, the community and the planet. We hire the best people to make Republic a great place to work. We are focused on attracting talented individuals across professions who are as committed to serving customers and the planet as we are. We strive to create a workplace that's meaningful and rewarding to our 33,000 employees. That's why we are proud to be recognized as Best Large Employer by Forbes, World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere, and Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s 2018 Corporate Equality Index.
The Environmental Field Technician requires the execution of various duties in a safe manner, related to general labor, waste clean-up, site remediation, handling of non-hazardous and hazardous materials and operation/maintenance of tools and equipment as directed by the Lead Environmental Field Technician, Supervisor and/or Manager on the facility or customer work site.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Follows policies, processes and procedures to perform job duties in a safe manner at all times and at the direction of the Lead, Supervisor or Manager.
• Passes any required safety training needed for the execution of job duties, which may include confined space entry; clean-up process for non-hazardous and hazardous waste; loading/unloading of containers, end dumps, and drums; tracking of material; record keeping and performing treatments as instructed by Lead, Supervisor or Manager.
• Wears required PPE during work shift.
• Operates equipment in a safe manner.
• Works in atmospheres with low clearances, confined spaces and at heights and with breathing apparatus.
• Performs labor intensive activities in all weather conditions throughout the work shift.
• Sweeps up debris and shovels sludge into buckets or wheelbarrows or down chutes.
• Operates various heavy equipment, pumps and pressure washers as needed or directed.
• Communicates with Lead, Supervisor and/or Manager about any supplies needed or unsafe working conditions.
• Participates in emergency drills that may require evacuation of the facility or work site.
• Participates in safety meetings.
• Assists other personnel in their duties as needed.
• Makes himself or herself available 24 hours a day/7 days per week, if needed for call out.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• High school diploma or GED. (Required.)
• Ability to obtain OSHA (40 hour) certification. (Required.)
• Ability to obtain a Transportation Workings Identification Card (TWIC). (Required.)
• Minimum of one year related work experience. (Required.)
• Possesses general knowledge of safe oil and gas or industrial field service operations.
• Ability to perform simple mathematic calculations, have good mechanical aptitude, good writing skills and have a good safety and driving record.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
• Short- and long-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
• Employee discount programs.
• 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.