Republic Services Heavy Equipment PM Technician in Houston, Texas
Republic Services is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and non-hazardous solid waste. Through our subsidiaries, Republic’s collection companies, recycling centers, transfer stations, and landfills focus on providing effective solutions to make proper waste disposal effortless for our 14 million customers. We’ll handle it from here., our brand promise, lets customers know they can count on Republic to provide a superior experience while fostering a sustainable Blue Planet for future generations to enjoy a cleaner, safer and healthier world. Why Work with Us Our Company cannot thrive without great people devoted to serving customers, the community and the planet. We hire the best people to make Republic a great place to work. We are focused on attracting talented individuals across professions who are as committed to serving customers and the planet as we are. We strive to create a workplace that's meaningful and rewarding to our 33,000 employees. That's why we are proud to be recognized as Best Large Employer by Forbes, World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere, and Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s 2018 Corporate Equality Index.
The Heavy Equipment Preventive Maintenance (PM) Technician performs preventive maintenance service on all types of trucks and/or equipment, including diesel and non-diesel, to maximize safe and productive operations. The primary purpose of the Heavy Equipment PM Technician is to focus on preventative maintenance and other mechanic type tasks and services.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Basic computer skills as demonstrated by knowledge of and ability to use MS Excel and word processing applications. • During employment, a technician may be required to complete the Republic PM Program and the One Fleet Republic Way program or any other relevant and applicable training program.
• High school diploma or G.E.D. • Mechanical Trade School certificate or degree. • Minimum of 1 year of experience in a technician position requiring knowledge and application of OSHA Haz Com; OSHA Lock Out Tag Out and all OSHA Fire Protection regulations.
• Performs preventative maintenance and basic repairs on electrical, diesel and gasoline vehicles, including compactor, excavator, wheel loader, and other vehicles to maximize safe and productive operations.
• Inspects truck and/or heavy equipment for condition, operation and fluid levels. Identifies and designates problems with equipment.
• Power washes equipment as is necessary.
• Checks, fills and changes appropriate fluids for all vehicle parts including engine, transmission, differentials, final drives, pump drives and hubs.
• Greases, oils and lubricates components during preventive maintenance service.
• Performs adjustments to various systems during preventive maintenance service.
• Maintains and/or changes air, oil, coolant and fuel filters.
• Performs cooling systems maintenance.
• Checks safety equipment on truck and/or equipment.
• Inspects tires according to Republic Services Tire Maintenance Standards.
• Completes paperwork associated with preventive maintenance services and repairing equipment, documenting parts usage and accounting for applied times (i.e., work order times compared to time card times).
• Completes daily consumables report to record hours, fuel and oil usage, and provide information for input into Dossier, Republic Services Fleet Management Software system.
• Drives truck and/or equipment in and out of repair area.
• Follows all safety policies and procedures.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned. The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required by personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• Valid driver license. • Minimum of 1 year of experience in a maintenance role that included supervised training by a certified technician, or completion of a certified maintenance program.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
• Short- and long-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
• Employee discount programs.
• 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.