Republic Services Maintenance Machine Repair Supervisor- Recycling center in Inver Grove Heights, Minnesota
Republic Services is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and non-hazardous solid waste. Through our subsidiaries, Republic’s collection companies, recycling centers, transfer stations, and landfills focus on providing effective solutions to make proper waste disposal effortless for our 14 million customers. We’ll handle it from here., our brand promise, lets customers know they can count on Republic to provide a superior experience while fostering a sustainable Blue Planet for future generations to enjoy a cleaner, safer and healthier world. Why Work with Us Our Company cannot thrive without great people devoted to serving customers, the community and the planet. We hire the best people to make Republic a great place to work. We are focused on attracting talented individuals across professions who are as committed to serving customers and the planet as we are. We strive to create a workplace that's meaningful and rewarding to our 33,000 employees. That's why we are proud to be recognized as Best Large Employer by Forbes, World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere, and Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s 2018 Corporate Equality Index.
The Recycling Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for supervising a maintenance shop that is under the umbrella responsibility of an on-site Division or Operations Manager. The Recycling Maintenance Supervisor supervises a technician (mechanic) team responsible for preventive maintenance/repair of fixed and mobile equipment and building and facility maintenance; and plans and schedules repair work for the work group to ensure that all work is done in a safe and timely manner, reducing lost productivity.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Basic computer skills with Microsoft Office knowledge.
• Ability to engage in root cause problem solving.
• Effective communications skills.
• Ability to direct staff.
• Strong customer service orientation.
• Organizational skills.
• Ability to collaborate and encourage employee engagement.
• Associate’s Degree.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Commercial Driver’s License.
• Supervises technicians in maintenance shop; conducts daily debrief meetings; coaches/counsels all technician levels on performance/corrective action, when necessary; makes hiring/termination decisions in concert with Human Resources and appropriate management; conducts employee training and performance evaluations; evaluates and makes recommendations for merit increases, promotions and job changes, as appropriate.
• Conducts Quality Control Inspections; tracks issues and issue resolution to ensure all work is properly completed and is in accordance with the Company's safety and compliance procedures and federal and state regulations.
• Oversees maintenance shop inventory control system to ensure necessary equipment and parts levels are maintained and purchases are within budget.
• Reviews and approves expenses that are within scope of approval level; refers larger expenses or major repairs to manager as appropriate.
• Oversees repair diagnostics on more complex matters and provides coaching where necessary.
• Maintains advanced knowledge of stationary recycling equipment, engine, emission systems, transmission, brake, hydraulic and electrical systems to manage advanced preventive and repair maintenance functions of heavy equipment and vehicles used by the Company, on site and on the road, including: o Stationary recycling equipment such as: conveyors, screens, reducers, balers, optical sorting units, air drum separators, compactors, magnets, dust collectors, metering bins and pneumatics. o Engine chassis. o Vehicle body control systems, including hydraulics, pneumatics and electrical systems. o Heating and air conditioning systems. o Knowledge of welding tools to fix heavy equipment.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent. The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• High school diploma or G.E.D.
• Minimum of 3 years of maintenance experience in the recycling, transportation, disposal or related industry.
• Minimum of 1 year of supervisory experience in a lead technician role, supervisor or other management role requiring a thorough knowledge of safe working practices, DOT, OSHA and other federal and state regulations.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
• Short- and long-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
• Employee discount programs.
• 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.