Republic Services Technician Trainee in Inver Grove Heights, Minnesota
Republic Services is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and non-hazardous solid waste. Through our subsidiaries, Republic’s collection companies, recycling centers, transfer stations, and landfills focus on providing effective solutions to make proper waste disposal effortless for our 14 million customers. We’ll handle it from here., our brand promise, lets customers know they can count on Republic to provide a superior experience while fostering a sustainable Blue Planet for future generations to enjoy a cleaner, safer and healthier world. Why Work with Us Our Company cannot thrive without great people devoted to serving customers, the community and the planet. We hire the best people to make Republic a great place to work. We are focused on attracting talented individuals across professions who are as committed to serving customers and the planet as we are. We strive to create a workplace that's meaningful and rewarding to our 33,000 employees. That's why we are proud to be recognized as Best Large Employer by Forbes, World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere, and Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s 2018 Corporate Equality Index.
This is a learning opportunity for students currently enrolled in a diesel technician program that is designed to give the candidate on the job work experience while completing their technician education. With direct supervision from a Lead Technician, Maintenance Supervisor or Maintenance Manager, and through completion of the Republic Preventative Maintenance Program and other on-the job training work done during the the internship, the trainee receives hands on training that supports what they are learning in school. This includes the basic skills necessary to perform routine preventive maintenance, including basic tire work, wheel end components, mechanic skills, knowledge of hydraulics and knowledge of electrical systems. In addition, the intern gains knowledge of vehicle suspension and steering systems to perform routine maintenance and repair.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Basic computer skills as demonstrated by knowledge of and ability to use MS Excel and word processing applications.
• Knowledge of basic hand tools.
• High School diploma or G.E.D.
• At least six months of prior experience as an automotive technician.
• Currently or recently enrolled in a diesel mechanic/technician school.
• Perform routine preventive maintenance under direct supervision, to include but not limited to: o Tire changes and replacements; o Tire rotations; o Hose replacements; o Light replacements; o Repair and replacement of small parts; and o Checking and filling fluids.
• Through course work and on-the-job training, the trainee gains an increasing level of knowledge of basic heavy duty Class 8 truck maintenance. The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required by personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• Valid Driver’s License (required)
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
• Short- and long-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
• Employee discount programs.
• 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.