Republic Services Other Collection Driver in Lewistown, Montana
Republic Services is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and non-hazardous solid waste. Through our subsidiaries, Republic’s collection companies, recycling centers, transfer stations, and landfills focus on providing effective solutions to make proper waste disposal effortless for our 14 million customers. We’ll handle it from here., our brand promise, lets customers know they can count on Republic to provide a superior experience while fostering a sustainable Blue Planet for future generations to enjoy a cleaner, safer and healthier world. Why Work with Us Our Company cannot thrive without great people devoted to serving customers, the community and the planet. We hire the best people to make Republic a great place to work. We are focused on attracting talented individuals across professions who are as committed to serving customers and the planet as we are. We strive to create a workplace that's meaningful and rewarding to our 33,000 employees. That's why we are proud to be recognized as Best Large Employer by Forbes, World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere, and Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s 2018 Corporate Equality Index.
The Other Collection Driver – Portable Toilet (Pumper) provides service to designated portable toilet customers by driving to their site to clean, empty, and refill toilets with deodorizing solution. The Other Collections Driver also helps to maintain the cleanliness of the vehicle, as well as the designated route and work area.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Good customer services skills to meet and exceed customer expectations; acts in a professional, courteous and cooperative manner toward customers and co-workers; works with a sense of honesty and trustworthiness.
• Good follow through ability; ability to adhere to work schedule and follows through on challenges as they arise.
• Ability to adhere to Company policies and rules set forth; promotes the Company’s safety standards; does not take inappropriate risks.
• Maintains a feeling of pride in work; strives to achieve all goals.
• Minimum of 2 years of experience driving commercial trucks.
• Experience driving portable toilet (pumper) vehicle.
• Class A Commercial Driver’s license.
• Performs complete pre- and post-trip inspections of the vehicle in accordance with Company policy including, but not limited to, checking tire pressure, fluid levels, safety equipment, gauges and controls and reports any safety issues on standard reports.
• Drives heavy diesel truck to domestic sewage pick-up sites and to disposal area(s).
• Climbs on and off of vehicle at customer locations and disposal area(s) to load waste/sewage.
• Cleans toilets and collects domestic sewage.
• Delivers or picks up portable toilets, as assigned.
• Dumps collected sewage at public water treatment facility or at other applicable location(s).
• Reads route sheets and follows map servicing each customer as identified on the route sheet or as assigned by dispatcher and/or supervisor.
• Courteously interacts with customers, dispatchers, supervisors and others on a daily basis to ensure all customer routes are serviced in a timely and professional manner.
• Completes required route/productivity sheets, Vehicle Condition Reports (VCRs) and other forms.
• Maintains adherence to required productivity standards to ensure all customers are service in a timely and efficient manner.
• Follows all safety policies and procedures.
• Actively participate in the Company’s Driver Route Observation (ReSOP) program.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned. The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• Valid driver’s license.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
• Short- and long-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
• Employee discount programs.
• 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.