Republic Services Administrative Data Entry Sales Coordinator in Manistee, Michigan
Republic Services is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and non-hazardous solid waste. Through our subsidiaries, Republic’s collection companies, recycling centers, transfer stations, and landfills focus on providing effective solutions to make proper waste disposal effortless for our 14 million customers. We’ll handle it from here., our brand promise, lets customers know they can count on Republic to provide a superior experience while fostering a sustainable Blue Planet for future generations to enjoy a cleaner, safer and healthier world. Why Work with Us Our Company cannot thrive without great people devoted to serving customers, the community and the planet. We hire the best people to make Republic a great place to work. We are focused on attracting talented individuals across professions who are as committed to serving customers and the planet as we are. We strive to create a workplace that's meaningful and rewarding to our 33,000 employees. That's why we are proud to be recognized as Best Large Employer by Forbes, World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere, and Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s 2018 Corporate Equality Index.
The Sales Coordinator provides assistance to the Sales Manager and Sales personnel to facilitate and support the acquisition, maintenance and servicing of new and existing residential, commercial, industrial and recycling customers by managing and ensuring the accuracy of the Sales Transaction Reports; completing commissions reports; reviewing outstanding collection reports and related items; producing and verifying Contact Relationship Management (CRM) reports; and preparing various month-end closing reports.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Demonstrated proficiency in typical office software such as Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Professional presentation skills.
• Good time management skills to ensure assigned responsibilities are completed in an efficient manner.
• Good communication skills; is able to effectively communicate to all levels of management, both internally and externally.
• Strong active listening skills; gives full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions when appropriate, and letting others fully state their ideas.
• Grasps concepts quickly and has good follow through skills; adheres to work schedule and follows through on challenges as they arise; maintains a positive outlook.
• Has the ability to identify the information needed to clarify a situation; seeks information from appropriate sources; has the ability to tackle a problem using a logical, sequential approach and can anticipate the implications of actions.
• Is self-motivated; maintains a feeling of pride in work; has a strong work ethic and strives to achieve all goals; is competitive and has a strong drive to win; takes appropriate risks.
• Is trustworthy and maintains the highest level of confidentiality at all times.
• Is high energy, friendly and engaging.
• Has a service orientation; is actively looking for ways to help people.
• Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree is desirable.
• Work closely with the Sales Manager and all sales personnel to ensure the day-to-day administrative requirements of the Sales Department are met.
• Ensure the timely and accurate completion of the Sales Transaction Report (STR); review the report after production to ensure that all entries have been properly recorded and all transactions have been accurately reconciled. Review the STR on a weekly basis with the Sales Manager to resolve any items of note.
• Coordinate with all Sales personnel to ensure accurate tracking of commissions prior to submission for payment; reconcile any outstanding issues and prepare commission reports for approval by Sales Manager.
• Maintain a working knowledge of the Company’s Contact Relationship Management tool to be able to produce management reports, reconcile outstanding items on such reports, and/or enter client activity.
• Create new client file jackets and file in a secure location, with limited access, in accordance with the Records Management Policy; may be required to review client records and gather information prior to creation and establishment of client account.
• Reviews with Sales personnel, accounts that are going to be put on lock or be canceled and summarizes issues, outstanding items and other important topics for the Sales personnel to be aware of.
• Perform other job-related duties, as required. The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• High School diploma or GED.
• 2 years of experience as an administrative assistant in a professional office setting, providing professional administrative support to multiple professional level employees.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
• Short- and long-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
• Employee discount programs.
• 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.