Republic Services Mobile Centrifuge Operator in Odessa, Texas
Republic Services is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and non-hazardous solid waste. Through our subsidiaries, Republic’s collection companies, recycling centers, transfer stations, and landfills focus on providing effective solutions to make proper waste disposal effortless for our 14 million customers. We’ll handle it from here., our brand promise, lets customers know they can count on Republic to provide a superior experience while fostering a sustainable Blue Planet for future generations to enjoy a cleaner, safer and healthier world. Why Work with Us Our Company cannot thrive without great people devoted to serving customers, the community and the planet. We hire the best people to make Republic a great place to work. We are focused on attracting talented individuals across professions who are as committed to serving customers and the planet as we are. We strive to create a workplace that's meaningful and rewarding to our 33,000 employees. That's why we are proud to be recognized as Best Large Employer by Forbes, World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere, and Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s 2018 Corporate Equality Index.
The Company’s E&P division provides oilfield waste services to its customer base and operates three types of waste management and disposal facilities: treatment, recovery and disposal facilities; engineered landfills; and salt water disposal injection wells. The Solids Control Technician (E&P) oversees the mechanical and electrical processes used to provide enhanced drilling properties and recycle drilling mud through closed loop systems.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Operates, monitors and maintains solids control equipment for onshore drilling rigs, dewatering sites, shop areas and other oil and gas related sites.
• Assists in the severing, trouble-shooting and installation of equipment as required.
• Participates in the rigging up and down of location equipment.
• Working on centrifuges, shakers, dryers and augers.
• Runs continuous tests on the solid discharge and effluent discharge on units to ensure that the centrifuges are set for optimum performance and the gravity percentage of the mud is within the bore tolerance.
• Attends pre-job safety meetings on location.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• Minimum of 1 year of experience in the operation and maintenance of solids control equipment. (Required)
• Valid driver's license. (Required)
• High school diploma or GED.
• Experience in, and knowledge of, the oil field industry.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
• Short- and long-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
• Employee discount programs.
• 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.