Republic Services Sales Coordinator - Spc Waste in Odessa, Texas
Republic Services is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and non-hazardous solid waste. Through our subsidiaries, Republic’s collection companies, recycling centers, transfer stations, and landfills focus on providing effective solutions to make proper waste disposal effortless for our 14 million customers. We’ll handle it from here., our brand promise, lets customers know they can count on Republic to provide a superior experience while fostering a sustainable Blue Planet for future generations to enjoy a cleaner, safer and healthier world. Why Work with Us Our Company cannot thrive without great people devoted to serving customers, the community and the planet. We hire the best people to make Republic a great place to work. We are focused on attracting talented individuals across professions who are as committed to serving customers and the planet as we are. We strive to create a workplace that's meaningful and rewarding to our 33,000 employees. That's why we are proud to be recognized as Best Large Employer by Forbes, World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere, and Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s 2018 Corporate Equality Index.
The Sales Coordinator, Special Waste provides technical guidance, support, and coordination of the processes and procedures developed to evaluate, approve and accept special waste streams at a Republic Landfill. The Sales Coordinator, Special Wast also ensures compliance with solid waste permits, State and Federal regulatory requirements and internal Company policies. This would include functioning as a liaison between the field Sales Representative(s), the Corporate Special Waste Department and the Landfill for the preparation, field review, submittal, formal review and approval (or rejection) of Special Waste Profiles.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Must exhibit excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Basic knowledge of marketing, presentation and sales techniques required.
• Possess well-developed time management and organization skills.
• Ability to communicate professionally with internal and external customers.
• Ability to complete projects and assignments with minimal supervision.
• Demonstrated proficiency in typical office software such as Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Professional presentation skills.
• Good time management skills to ensure assigned responsibilities are completed in an efficient manner.
• Grasps concepts quickly and has good follow through skills; adheres to work schedule and follows through on challenges as they arise; maintains a positive outlook.
• Has the ability to identify the information needed to clarify a situation; seeks information from appropriate sources; has the ability to tackle a problem using a logical, sequential approach and can anticipate the implications of actions.
• Is self-motivated; maintains a feeling of pride in work; has a strong work ethic and strives to achieve all goals; is competitive and has a strong drive to win; takes appropriate risks.
• Is trustworthy and maintains the highest level of confidentiality at all times.
• Has a service orientation; is actively looking for ways to help people.
• Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree with focus on technical/science related curriculum.
• Knowledge of State, Federal and/or Landfill special waste rules, requirements and processes.
• Assists the Special Waste Representative(s), and the existing or potential new customers, in coordinating the completion of the special waste profiles for review and submittal for approval.
• Performs field level review of the completed special waste profiles, analytical results and ensures analytical testing requirements are achieved prior to submitting to the Corporate Special Waste Department for approval.
• Submits completed documentation to the Corporate Special Waste Department for formal review and approval for special waste acceptance.
• Communicates with the Corporate Special Waste Department on pending profiles and acts as a liaison between the Corporate office and the Sales Representatives and/or Customer and Republic Divisions in resolving technical deficiencies or request for additional testing or waste characterization.
• Distributes approved profile documentation to the Landfill for their files and communicates rejected or incomplete profiles to the Sales Representative for resolution with Customer.
• Proactively monitors approved special waste profiles for expiration dates and coordinates with the Special Waste Representative(s) or Customer on the re-certification process, schedules and required analytical data and/or documentation.
• Develops and maintains a thorough knowledge of the current State, Federal, Landfill or Company's special waste rules, requirements and processes.
• Submits State-required applications and/or notifications as required.
• Manages the special waste profiles, documentation and analytical reports for existing and potential customers.
• Tracks pending files and transfer and maintain historical files to an electronic file for storage.
• Sells small quantity generator call-in business as defined by the Director, Special Waste Sales.
• Regularly meets with the Director, Special Waste Sales, General Manager and Special Waste Representative(s) for review of monthly special waste activity reports and customer relationship activities as required.
• Assists in production and distribution of marketing materials for promotion of special waste and landfill disposal services
• Participates in Company-sponsored activities as required.
• Completes proactive job-related duties as assigned The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• High school diploma or GED.
• Minimum of 1 year of customer service experience.
• Experience with MS Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and potential marketing type software.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
• Short- and long-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
• Employee discount programs.
• 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.