Republic Services Corporate Accountant in Phoenix, Arizona
Republic Services is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and non-hazardous solid waste. Through our subsidiaries, Republic’s collection companies, recycling centers, transfer stations, and landfills focus on providing effective solutions to make proper waste disposal effortless for our 14 million customers. We’ll handle it from here., our brand promise, lets customers know they can count on Republic to provide a superior experience while fostering a sustainable Blue Planet for future generations to enjoy a cleaner, safer and healthier world. Why Work with Us Our Company cannot thrive without great people devoted to serving customers, the community and the planet. We hire the best people to make Republic a great place to work. We are focused on attracting talented individuals across professions who are as committed to serving customers and the planet as we are. We strive to create a workplace that's meaningful and rewarding to our 33,000 employees. That's why we are proud to be recognized as Best Large Employer by Forbes, World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere, and Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s 2018 Corporate Equality Index.
With limited direction and a thorough understanding of accounting principles, the Corporate Accountant performs accounting activities to record, reconcile and monitor financial information and prepare financial reports. The Corporate Accountant must have knowledge of technical accounting matters and US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (“GAAP”).
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Process oriented with strong attention to detail and organized.
• Ability to communicate at all levels within the Company including, but not limited to, executives, senior management, field and regional staff, as well as the external auditors.
• Strong business & financial acumen.
• Strong technical and analytical skills.
• Strong interpersonal and written communication skills.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Ability to effectively manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
• Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
• Versatile, capable, and willing to assist other departments effectively when required.
• Minimum of 1 year of combined public accounting (Big 4 or Tier II National) experience.
• Certified Public Accountant.
• Master’s degree in Accounting, Economics, Finance or MBA.
• Prepare account reconciliations in connection with the Company’s monthly close process.
• Compile financial information by using Essbase data extracts from Lawson and other system tools to prepare accounting entries, forecast adjustments and accruals.
• Maintain current knowledge of GAAP requirements and incorporate these requirements in accounting activities.
• Regularly interact with the Corporate and Field divisions to assist in the identification and implementation of accounting issues.
• Ensure internal controls related to financial accounting processes are functioning as intended and are completed in a timely and accurate manner.
• Assist the team in continuing to leverage existing technology and accounting knowledge to increase department efficiency, streamline the monthly close process and Financial Accounting processes.
• Aggregate and provide information to support financial audits.
• Perform other job related duties as assigned. The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required by personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
• Short- and long-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
• Employee discount programs.
• 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.