Republic Services Director Compensation in Phoenix, Arizona
Republic Services is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and non-hazardous solid waste. Through our subsidiaries, Republic’s collection companies, recycling centers, transfer stations, and landfills focus on providing effective solutions to make proper waste disposal effortless for our 14 million customers. We’ll handle it from here., our brand promise, lets customers know they can count on Republic to provide a superior experience while fostering a sustainable Blue Planet for future generations to enjoy a cleaner, safer and healthier world. Why Work with Us Our Company cannot thrive without great people devoted to serving customers, the community and the planet. We hire the best people to make Republic a great place to work. We are focused on attracting talented individuals across professions who are as committed to serving customers and the planet as we are. We strive to create a workplace that's meaningful and rewarding to our 33,000 employees. That's why we are proud to be recognized as Best Large Employer by Forbes, World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere, and Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s 2018 Corporate Equality Index.
With comprehensive compensation and market knowledge, the Director, Compensation is responsible for the design, implementation, administration and oversight of Company-wide compensation plans and programs, both broad based and executive. The Director, Compensation also is responsible for mobility, equity and deferred compensation plan administration and compliance.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Strategic and hands-on approach to compensation including the ability to creatively conceive of concepts, develop and run models to determine feasability.
• Strong ethics and the ability to keep information confidential.
• Excellent written and oral communication, presentation and interpersonal skills to communicate effectively and professionally across various levels of the organization and with key external customers and vendors.
• Proficiency partnering with business leaders to drive company strategies.
• Ability to establish credibility and work collaboratively with numerous constituents across corporate and field management and be viewed as a thought leader.
• Strong research, analytical, business process and problem solving skills with an internal customer focus.
• The ability and skill to manage multiple projects, maintain momentum, and meet deadlines on time and within budget.
• Strong networking capabilities within and external to the organization.
• Ability to manage moderately complex issues to resolution.
• The ability to overcome obstacles and adapt behaviors to achieve outstanding results.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, Human Resources or a closely related field.
• Master’s degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, Human Resources or a closely related field.
• Certified Compensation Professional (CCP).
• Provides expertise to the company in areas of compensation, including salary structure and administration, short- and long-term incentive programs, equity plan administration, job evaluations, market data, trends, and sales commission plans for eligible employees.
• Partners with executive team and business leaders to ensure plans support the business strategies, while maintaining competitive and cost effective compensation programs.
• Oversees the annual merit increase, bonus and equity grant process.
• Oversees strategy for local market geographic practices and monitors effectiveness of levels, including recommending compensation plan revisions.
• Oversees the development and/or implementation of sales incentive/commission programs.
• Prepares materials for presentations to senior management.
• Directs the process of evaluating compensation for new and updated job positions.
• Administers and manages company-wide equity programs.
• Administers and manages the Executive Deferred Compensation Plan.
• Manages development of the Compensation Discussion & Analysis of the annual proxy statement, as well as peer group compensation analysis for covered officers.
• Develops and maintains documentation supporting executive compensation as it relates to corporate governance.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent. The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required by personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• Minimum of 10 years of executive and broad based compensation experience at a progressively responsible level. • Experience analyzing and understanding financial and legal regulations, including tax and accounting treatment, SEC regulations and filings, proxy disclosures, FASB, 10k annual report analysis, Internal Revenue Code Section 409A. • High School Diploma or G.E.D
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
• Short- and long-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
• Employee discount programs.
• 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.