Republic Services Financial Analyst Financial Accounting in Phoenix, Arizona
Republic Services is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and non-hazardous solid waste. Through our subsidiaries, Republic’s collection companies, recycling centers, transfer stations, and landfills focus on providing effective solutions to make proper waste disposal effortless for our 14 million customers. We’ll handle it from here., our brand promise, lets customers know they can count on Republic to provide a superior experience while fostering a sustainable Blue Planet for future generations to enjoy a cleaner, safer and healthier world. Why Work with Us Our Company cannot thrive without great people devoted to serving customers, the community and the planet. We hire the best people to make Republic a great place to work. We are focused on attracting talented individuals across professions who are as committed to serving customers and the planet as we are. We strive to create a workplace that's meaningful and rewarding to our 33,000 employees. That's why we are proud to be recognized as Best Large Employer by Forbes, World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere, and Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s 2018 Corporate Equality Index.
The Financial Analyst, Financial Accounting is primarily responsible for internal and external financial reporting while supporting custom Visual Basic tools. The Financial Analyst is responsible for gathering and analyzing data in connection with the Company’s monthly close and periodic external reporting processes. The position provides financial analysis and support for corporate departments while implementing process improvements. This position is also responsible for building and maintaining automated reconciliations using ReconNet software and completing various projects as determined on an ad hoc basis.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Performs administration of automated reconciliation software. • Maintains Excel Visual Basic tools used in the Company’s monthly and quarterly close. • Performs administration of intranet sites using Microsoft SharePoint. • Assists in the design, testing, and support of corporate budgeting tools. • Assists in the Company’s annual bonus calculation and analysis. • Provides budgeting and forecast support for corporate departments. • Maintains and modifies the Landfill Engineering Excel Models for the Company’s landfill facilities. • Provides financial analysis and helps support ongoing operational initiatives. • Creates, generates, and reviews reports used in the Company’s monthly close (generally using Essbase, Lawson and Excel), used to prepare financial statements, footnotes, and other financial information to be filed with, or furnished, to the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), such as 10-Ks, 10-Qs, 8-Ks, annual reports, and proxy statements. • Prepares schedules and journal entries in connection with the Company’s monthly close process. • Completes or assists in completion of ad hoc financial analysis. • Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent. The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required by personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance or related disciplines (required). • Minimum of 1 year of combined financial analysis and public or corporate accounting experience. • Experience in SQL, Essbase, SharePoint and ReconNet applications. • Strong systems skills including Excel, Visual Basic, general ledger, reporting software, and database skills. • Strong organizational skills, ability to effectively manage multiple projects and meet deadlines. • Ability to analyze and interpret complex problems. • Strong interpersonal and written communication skills for all constituents from staff to executive management. • Strong understanding of accounting principles (GAAP) and the relationship between the balance sheet, income statement, and cash flow statement.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
• Short- and long-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
• Employee discount programs.
• 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.