Republic Services Senior Analyst Collections Knowledge Management in Phoenix, Arizona
Republic Services is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and non-hazardous solid waste. Through our subsidiaries, Republic’s collection companies, recycling centers, transfer stations, and landfills focus on providing effective solutions to make proper waste disposal effortless for our 14 million customers. We’ll handle it from here., our brand promise, lets customers know they can count on Republic to provide a superior experience while fostering a sustainable Blue Planet for future generations to enjoy a cleaner, safer and healthier world. Why Work with Us Our Company cannot thrive without great people devoted to serving customers, the community and the planet. We hire the best people to make Republic a great place to work. We are focused on attracting talented individuals across professions who are as committed to serving customers and the planet as we are. We strive to create a workplace that's meaningful and rewarding to our 33,000 employees. That's why we are proud to be recognized as Best Large Employer by Forbes, World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere, and Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s 2018 Corporate Equality Index.
The Senior Analyst, Collections Knowledge Management is responsible for gathering, streamlining, standardizing, and documenting processes that support the corporate Operations Support function in building consistent standard operating procedures for Collections operations. The Senior Analyst collaborates with subject matter experts in the field to break down complicated problems, identify areas of improvement, align responsibilities, and document step-by-step procedures, ultimately providing solutions to challenges faced in Collections operations. This role develops and delivers invaluable content used to train key roles in the Collections Operations space enterprise-wide.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Discovers and documents existing operational processes in the field that are in line with the strategic plan of the Operations Support Department.
• Engages the field to break down complex processes into easily understood components, uncover best practices, and develop consistent standard operating procedures for Collections across the organization.
• Plans and leads efforts in alignment with Operations strategy and timeline to streamline and document approved processes in clear, concise, and engaging deliverables for use during implementation and continual training.
• In concert with instructional designers, develops training content, consistently evaluating instructional design output for quality and prioritizing rollout of new content to field operations based on the strategy of the Operations Support Team.
• In collaboration with partners, supports implementation of standardized processes and continually evaluates documented processes to ensure accuracy and clarity.
• Designs and continually updates the Collections Operations internal SharePoint webpage with relevant, accurate, and easy to navigate content.
• Conducts site visits as needed in support of Collections Operations team, such as deploying new initiatives or supporting high priority Business Units.
• Identifies methods to simplify and streamline operational processes whenever possible.
• Travels up to 25% of the time, sometimes on short notice.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
• Demonstrated experience with large-scale knowledge management and/or process improvement in a key support role. (Required).
• 3 or more years of experience in the waste or transportation industry.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Communications.
• Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
• Demonstrated experience with Microsoft SharePoint.
• Ability to develop a deep understanding of current-state operational processes, pain points, and areas of opportunity by asking high gain questions, engaging in active listening, and probing.
• Written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to create, process, and design content in mediums such as PowerPoint, Word, Visio, or Adobe Photoshop.
• Results orientation and good time management skills with an ability to understand key milestones, goals, and objectives while leading groups of internal and external resources to meet project goals.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
• Short- and long-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
• Employee discount programs.
• 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.