Republic Services Sr Financial Analyst (Financial Analysis & Planning) in Phoenix, Arizona
Republic Services is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and non-hazardous solid waste. Through our subsidiaries, Republic’s collection companies, recycling centers, transfer stations, and landfills focus on providing effective solutions to make proper waste disposal effortless for our 14 million customers. We’ll handle it from here., our brand promise, lets customers know they can count on Republic to provide a superior experience while fostering a sustainable Blue Planet for future generations to enjoy a cleaner, safer and healthier world.
Why Work with Us
Our Company cannot thrive without great people devoted to serving customers, the community, and the planet. We hire the best people to make Republic a great place to work. We are focused on attracting talented individuals across professions who are as committed to serving customers and the planet as we are. We strive to create a workplace that's meaningful and rewarding to our 33,000 employees. That's why we are proud to be recognized as Best Large Employer by Forbes, World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere, and One of the Most Meaningful Companies to Work for in America by Business Insider.
The Senior Financial Analyst (Financial Analysis & Planning) is responsible for preparing and interpreting financial reports for the monthly close process, field monthly operating review, board of director’s book and other internal requests. The Senior Financial Analyst (Financial Analysis & Planning) takes a lead role in budget and forecast preparation along with analysis of actual results and partners with the field controllership group and various departments to provide financial analysis and support.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Prepares and interprets recurring reports including financial forecasting and modeling.
• Completes analysis of monthly financial results and presentation to senior management.
• Supports the field monthly operating review process by building new reports and modifying the existing presentation.
• Responsible for developing, generating, analyzing and interpreting complex reports to support our Safety department and for making recommendations on training and other actions based on identified trends in the business.
• Responds to internal and external requests for reports, investigations and analysis.
• Prepares quarterly variance analysis reports for senior management and external auditors.
• Regularly interacts with the field controllership group, safety management team and various Corporate departments on a variety of tasks.
• Participates in the development of budgeting, forecasting and financial reporting tools through collaboration with other departments.
• Participates as a team member on projects which will help to improve the business.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field of study (required).
• Minimum of 3 years of related experience in financial analysis or accounting (required).
• Minimum of 3 years of combined public accounting (Big 4 or Tier II National) and corporate financial analysis or accounting experience.
• Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or similar professional certifications.
• Master's degree in Accounting, Economics, Finance or Business Administration.
• Experience conducting financial projects and statistical studies of a complex nature.
• Solid waste or transportation experience.
• Highly proficient Microsoft Excel skills, including development and use of financial models, pivot tables, graphs, macros, and complex formulas.
• Proven knowledge of financial analysis, forecasting, strategic planning, and interpretation of financial data.
• Ability to apply the concepts, principles, and procedures of accounting and finance to business development.
• Experience with Lawson accounting software.
• Report writing experience using software such as Lawson Report Writer or Crystal Reports, including maintenance and build of new reports.
• Experience with Standard Query Language (SQL), including the writing SQL queries.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
• Short- and long-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• Employee and Family
Assistance Program (EAP).
• Employee discount programs.
• 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.