Republic Services Landfill Laborer in Pimento, Indiana
Republic Services, Inc. is a leader in the U.S. environmental services industry. Through our subsidiaries, we provide superior customer experience while fostering a sustainable Blue Planet(r) for future generations to enjoy a cleaner, safer and healthier world. Due to the nature of our industry, we make safety our top priority every day. We're dedicated to the safety of our employees, customers and the communities we serve.
Why Work with Us
We are guided by five essential core values - to be Respectful, Responsible, Reliable, Resourceful and Relentless in all we do, every day. We are reminded of these principles every time we see the five R's joined together to form the Republic Star. It's what makes us who we are and sets us apart from the competition. We are dedicated to doing our part to preserve the environment by creating a cleaner, safer and healthier world where people thrive - not just for today, but for generations to come.
We hire the best people to make Republic Services a great place to work. We are focused on attracting talented individuals across professions who are as committed to serving customers and the planet as we are. We strive to create a workplace that's meaningful and rewarding to employees at all levels of the organization. Apply today and join our team!
POSITION SUMMARY: A Laborer is responsible for safely and efficiently performing general labor duties at a hauling company, transfer station, recycling center or landfill. Responsibilities may include such things as yard clean-up, fueling vehicles and equipment, general vehicle operation, general office maintenance and other related duties.
- Safely and efficiently perform assigned responsibilities to include such duties as:o Clean up work areas;o Fuel vehicles and equipment;o Clean track on track type and related equipment;o Perform yard work, including mowing and paper pick up;o Operate general site vehicles and equipment, such as water trucks, pick up trucks, sweepers, mowers, trimming equipment, etc.;o Perform general office maintenance and repairs, including painting and janitorial work;o Install temporary wind fences, as required;o Direct traffic at the site as necessary; ando Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
• Short- and long-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
• Employee discount programs.
• 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, relationship or association with a protected veteran (spouses or other family members), genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
We work for Earth. Every day, we come to work with two purposes in mind – serving our customers and doing our part to preserve our Blue Planet®. Our commitment to both has led to such things as landfill innovations, solar energy projects, community education designed to teach people to properly recycle, ongoing efforts to reduce our vehicle emissions and improving safety through technology—to name a few. To put it simply, we are 35,000 guardians of the environment, striving to make the world a better place.
Republic Services is more than a recycling and waste services company. We are a company dedicated to turning waste into possibilities. Together, united under the Republic Star, we are working for a cleaner, safer and healthier world where people thrive, not just for today, but for generations to come.