Republic Services Hydrovac Technician in Pleasanton, Texas
Republic Services is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and non-hazardous solid waste. Through our subsidiaries, Republic’s collection companies, recycling centers, transfer stations, and landfills focus on providing effective solutions to make proper waste disposal effortless for our 14 million customers. We’ll handle it from here., our brand promise, lets customers know they can count on Republic to provide a superior experience while fostering a sustainable Blue Planet for future generations to enjoy a cleaner, safer and healthier world.
Why Work with Us
Our Company cannot thrive without great people devoted to serving customers, the community, and the planet. We hire the best people to make Republic a great place to work. We are focused on attracting talented individuals across professions who are as committed to serving customers and the planet as we are. We strive to create a workplace that's meaningful and rewarding to our 33,000 employees. That's why we are proud to be recognized as Best Large Employer by Forbes, World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere, and One of the Most Meaningful Companies to Work for in America by Business Insider.
Hydrovac excavation is a mechanical means of using water to break up earth, simultaneously removed by a powerful vacuum. The Hydrovac Technician will be responsible for the successful completion of hydro excavation projects, including utility line exposure, debris removal, slot trenching and digging.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all times.
• Uses hand tools (including shovels, rakes, vacuum hoses and pressure washers) to complete hydro excavation projects.
• Assists Hydrovac Operators with various duties, including pre- and post-trip inspections.
• Performs field level risk assessments.
• Sets up and inspects grounding and/or bonding procedures for hydrovac operation.
• Sets up equipment and ensures proper use of equipment.
• Ensures all hydrovac truck equipment and components are in good working condition at all times.
• Performs general housekeeping.
• Performs other job-related duties and tasks as assigned or apparent.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• High School Diploma or GED (required).
• Ability to work in confined space (preferred).
• Minimum 1 year related experience or training (preferred).
• Safety certifications, including training in construction safety, fall protection, first aid, ground disturbance, H2S, confined space and transportation of dangerous goods (preferred).
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
• Short- and long-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
• Employee discount programs.
• 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.