Republic Services Major Account Executive in Salt Lake City, Utah
Republic Services is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and non-hazardous solid waste. Through our subsidiaries, Republic’s collection companies, recycling centers, transfer stations, and landfills focus on providing effective solutions to make proper waste disposal effortless for our 14 million customers. We’ll handle it from here., our brand promise, lets customers know they can count on Republic to provide a superior experience while fostering a sustainable Blue Planet for future generations to enjoy a cleaner, safer and healthier world. Why Work with Us Our Company cannot thrive without great people devoted to serving customers, the community and the planet. We hire the best people to make Republic a great place to work. We are focused on attracting talented individuals across professions who are as committed to serving customers and the planet as we are. We strive to create a workplace that's meaningful and rewarding to our 33,000 employees. That's why we are proud to be recognized as Best Large Employer by Forbes, World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere, and Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s 2018 Corporate Equality Index.
Within a designated market, which may cross divisions or areas, the Major Account Executive –Retention & Sales is responsible for identifying leads, proactively prospecting and selling commercial, industrial and recycling waste services to large potential customers, often in multiple locations with varying needs, and for building, maintaining and growing long-term relationships with existing clients. The MAE – Retention & Sales meets regularly with prospective new clients, based on his or her client list, in his or her assigned market area to deliver sales presentations, follows up with key decision makers and sells all services, including total waste stream management solutions, as appropriate.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Professional presentation; is confident, assertive and displays a high level of self-esteem.
• Good time management skills to ensure assigned responsibilities are completed in an efficient manner.
• Good communication skills; is able to effectively communicate to all levels of management, both internally and externally.
• Strong active listening skills; gives full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions when appropriate, and letting others fully state their ideas.
• Grasps concepts quickly and has good follow through skills; adheres to work schedule and follows through on challenges as they arise; maintains a positive outlook.
• Excellent written and verbal presentation skills.
• Excellent self-motivation skills; maintains a feeling of pride in work; has a strong work ethic and strives to achieve all goals; is competitive and has a strong desire to win; takes appropriate risks.
• Is trustworthy and maintains the highest level of confidentiality at all times.
• Is high energy, friendly and engaging; has excellent persuasion skills; can persuade others to change their minds or behavior.
• Has a service orientation; is actively looking for ways to help people.
• Bachelor’s Degree highly desirable.
• Identify viable leads, manage prospects and acquire new, profitable commercial, industrial and recycling business to meet and exceed monthly established targeted revenue goals.
• Utilize the Company’s Contact Relationship Management (“CRM”) tool on a daily basis, schedule and document all activities, and develop robust information profiles on prospective customers to facilitate acquisition of new customers.
• Develop and maintain an awareness of market behavior and competitive trends in designated market to anticipate changing customer needs; proactively manage customer base.
• Conduct customer proactive retention calls.
• Prepare and deliver sales presentations to grow existing major accounts; follow up with key decision makers to assure contracts are renewed timely with cost efficient pricing.
• Proactively communicate with, or respond to, customers in conjunction with the Company’s pricing initiatives.
• Maintain a thorough knowledge of the Company’s available services, lines of business, pricing structures and offer additional services to existing and potential commercial, industrial and recycling clients, including total waste stream management solutions, as appropriate, to grow targeted profitable revenue and contribute to Company goals and objectives.
• Meet regularly with Sales Manager or General Manager, as appropriate to review weekly sales activities and prospective customer calling activities.
• Track all prospective customer information on required reporting format.
• Build relationships and increase Company visibility through participation in Company-sponsored activities as required; attend trade shows, chamber of commerce events and other events, as necessary. Act as a company representative at community events, where required.
• Complete all required Customer Service Agreement (“CSA”), CRM entries and other reports in a complete, accurate and timely manner.
• Respond to service cancellation calls; and ensure compliance with established escalation policy.
• Perform other job-related duties, as required. The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• High School diploma or GED.
• 4 years of sales experience that includes a minimum of one year managing, selling to and retaining large, complex customer accounts.
• Valid driver’s license.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
• Short- and long-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
• Employee discount programs.
• 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.