Republic Services Residential Helper CDL in San Angelo, Texas
Republic Services is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and non-hazardous solid waste. Through our subsidiaries, Republic’s collection companies, recycling centers, transfer stations, and landfills focus on providing effective solutions to make proper waste disposal effortless for our 14 million customers. We’ll handle it from here., our brand promise, lets customers know they can count on Republic to provide a superior experience while fostering a sustainable Blue Planet for future generations to enjoy a cleaner, safer and healthier world. Why Work with Us Our Company cannot thrive without great people devoted to serving customers, the community and the planet. We hire the best people to make Republic a great place to work. We are focused on attracting talented individuals across professions who are as committed to serving customers and the planet as we are. We strive to create a workplace that's meaningful and rewarding to our 33,000 employees. That's why we are proud to be recognized as Best Large Employer by Forbes, World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere, and Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s 2018 Corporate Equality Index.
The CDL Helper rides on and/or drives the vehicle and assists a Driver in providing prompt, courteous and complete waste removal services for customers on a designated route. The CDL Helper is responsible for safely driving, loading waste and poly carts, as well as carrying bags and containers to the vehicle for disposal. The position also assists the Driver in maneuvering his or her vehicle by directing the Driver from the ground. In addition, the Helper helps to maintain the cleanliness of the vehicle, as well as the route and work area.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Good customer services skills to meet and exceed customer expectations; acts in a professional, courteous and cooperative manner toward customers and co-workers; works with a sense of honesty and trustworthiness. • Good follow through ability; ability to adhere to work schedule and follows through on challenges as they arise. • Ability to adhere to Company policies and rules set forth; promotes the Company’s safety standards; does not take inappropriate risks. • Maintains a feeling of pride in work; strives to achieve all goals.
• Minimum of 2 years of prior experience driving and/or working around heavy commercial trucks.
• Rides on the vehicle to assist the Driver while servicing customers on a designated route and also drives the vehicle as necessary to complete the route. • Climbs on and off vehicle to load refuse, waste and poly carts; lifts and carries trash bags and containers to the truck for disposal. • Operates packing mechanism and various levers and handles to activate the lifting and loading mechanism. • Assists Driver is safely operating the vehicle by directing the Driver from the ground. • Cleans waste from the packer blade and truck body on each disposal trip; sprays and cleans the hopper and truck. • Performs complete pre- and post-operation inspection of the vehicle in accordance with Company policy; reports any safety issues on standard reports. • Courteously interacts with all customers, dispatchers and others on a daily basis to ensure all customer routes are serviced in a timely and professional manner. • Continuously monitors waste for evidence of unacceptable waste. • Cleans area around an accidental waste spill, ensuring adherence to all applicable safety standards and policies. • Maintains adherence to required productivity standards for the department to ensure all customers are service in a timely and efficient manner. • Follows all required safety policies and procedures. • Actively participates in the Company’s ReSOP program. • Performs other job-related duties as assigned. The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• Class B or higher Commercial Driver’s License with air brake endorsements.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
• Short- and long-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
• Employee discount programs.
• 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.