Republic Services Accounts Payable Processor in Scottsdale, Arizona
Republic Services is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and non-hazardous solid waste. Through our subsidiaries, Republic’s collection companies, recycling centers, transfer stations, and landfills focus on providing effective solutions to make proper waste disposal effortless for our 14 million customers. We’ll handle it from here., our brand promise, lets customers know they can count on Republic to provide a superior experience while fostering a sustainable Blue Planet for future generations to enjoy a cleaner, safer and healthier world. Why Work with Us Our Company cannot thrive without great people devoted to serving customers, the community and the planet. We hire the best people to make Republic a great place to work. We are focused on attracting talented individuals across professions who are as committed to serving customers and the planet as we are. We strive to create a workplace that's meaningful and rewarding to our 33,000 employees. That's why we are proud to be recognized as Best Large Employer by Forbes, World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere, and Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s 2018 Corporate Equality Index.
The Accounts Payable Processor is primarily responsible for the receipt, review, and classification of accounts payables transactions to ensure efficient and timely processing. This may include reviewing data, determining the accuracy of the information, researching discrepancies where apparent, interfacing with internal departments and vendors/suppliers to reach resolution, and obtaining proper approvals.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Organizes and prioritizes daily tasks to ensure they are addressed with the appropriate level of urgency.
• Processes a high volume of invoices and expense reports and prepares the bank deposit while following standard operating accounts payable procedures on a daily basis. Maintains a pre-established level of monthly productivity in accordance with department goals.
• Partners with internal corporate departments and field divisions to address and resolve issues in a collaborative and timely manner.
• Researches and reconciles accounts with vendors in a professional and courteous manner to resolve issues, which may also include reconciling the daily and weekly banking transactions.
• May assist in maintaining purchase order systems and performing the necessary tasks to match purchase orders to receiving and invoicing documents to properly reconcile and resolve any variances.
• Assists in the decisions making process for Positive Pay, ACH and credit card banking exceptions.
• May process all field and corporate requests for Stop Payments, Voids and Escheats.
• May track, research, and deposit checks received from vendors and other sources.
• May process daily manual, expedited or urgent check requests and one-time vendor payments, as needed.
• May be responsible for researching payment gaps and collecting missing invoicing through analysis of monthly reporting.
• May be responsible for check, ACH and credit card payment processes.
• Assists others to facilitate effective work flow, as needed, including answering questions and providing training and support on accounts payable processes and procedures.
• Participates with cross-functional groups to address opportunities for improvements, making recommendations to implement more effective and efficient process and procedures.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• High School diploma or G.E.D. (required).
• Minimum of 1 year of accounts payable or related experience.
• Minimum of 1 year of high volume data entry.
• Multi-company accounts payable processing experience.
• Good math aptitude and the ability to work accurately with numbers.
• Ability to research and reconcile accounts and work with vendors to resolve issues.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
• Short- and long-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
• Employee discount programs.
• 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.