Republic Services Business Analyst-GIS in Scottsdale, Arizona
Republic Services is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and non-hazardous solid waste. Through our subsidiaries, Republic’s collection companies, recycling centers, transfer stations, and landfills focus on providing effective solutions to make proper waste disposal effortless for our 14 million customers. We’ll handle it from here., our brand promise, lets customers know they can count on Republic to provide a superior experience while fostering a sustainable Blue Planet for future generations to enjoy a cleaner, safer and healthier world. Why Work with Us Our Company cannot thrive without great people devoted to serving customers, the community and the planet. We hire the best people to make Republic a great place to work. We are focused on attracting talented individuals across professions who are as committed to serving customers and the planet as we are. We strive to create a workplace that's meaningful and rewarding to our 33,000 employees. That's why we are proud to be recognized as Best Large Employer by Forbes, World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere, and Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s 2018 Corporate Equality Index.
The Business Analyst is responsible for analyzing the needs of the various
functional business areas within Republic Services and recommends system solutions or procedures. As a
liaison between the business and IT department, the Business Analyst ensures that the scope of work
requested to enhance or modify existing application processes are clearly documented, communicated and
validated. The Business Analyst works closely with the IT technical team and/or outside vendors to
design, develop, document and test solutions that meets the business requirements.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as
an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required by personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for
employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Effective communication skills including the ability to express oneself clearly in conversations and
interactions with others.
• Ability to identify the information needed to clarify a situation, seek that information from
appropriate sources, and skillfully pose questions to draw out pertinent information.
• Ability to access and effectively navigate project systems and technologies.
• Effectively influences without authority and leads change by building trust and credibility.
• Ability to institute change leadership across levels and manage through influence.
• Process and results oriented in setting and pursuing aggressive goals, demonstrating a strong
commitment to organizational success and marshaling resources to accomplish goals and objectives.
• Experience working with web architecture, integration to host systems and related components.
• Understands the need for and consistently practices effective teamwork with others.
• Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
• Competent to work on most phases of systems analysis while considering the business implications of
the application of technology to the current and future business environment.
• Demonstrated knowledge of the entire Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
• Understanding of system modeling using standards such as Unified Modeling Language (UML).
• Strong analytical skills and creative thinking abilities.
• Ability to project plan, monitor and implement projects using timely and cost effective methods.
• Ability to deal with rapid change.
• Experience using Structured Query Language (SQL) for data analysis.
• Business Analysis or Project Management Professional certification.
• Serves as the primary liaison and point of contact between IT and the assigned functional
business area for routine software development and enhancement projects.
• Coordinates the process of obtaining functional requirements from applicable business
stakeholders and subject matter experts utilizing elicitation techniques.
• Performs research and analysis for proposed projects in order to determine feasibility and present
findings to management.
• Facilitates the development of software solutions and is responsible for the knowledge transfer of
software program requirements to the IT Customer Support team throughout the life cycle of a
change request or development project.
• Creates detailed documentation of functional, system (non-functional), user and reporting
requirements that may include but is not limited to: Use Cases, Logical Models, Process Flow
Diagrams, Report Specifications and Data Mapping & Flow Diagrams.
• Performs profiling and analysis of data from source systems.
• Supports quality assurance and control efforts through the use of data analysis as part of pre- and
post-implementation reviews for software development projects.
• Provides support to functional and user acceptance testing groups as part of project
• Assists others with creation of the value proposition (ROI) for proposed projects.
• Maintains a system enhancement request database and coordinates the related
application enhancement release schedule.
• Works jointly with other IT Managers to create detailed project work plans for
software development and enhancement projects.
• Coordinates status meetings and produces progress reports.
• Maintains and builds working relationships with software application vendors.
• Performs other job related duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Statistics, IT or related field or minimum of 5 years of experience
in a business or technical analysis role.
• Minimum of 1 year of work experience with business systems related to system support, analysis
• Minimum of 2 years of experience with business analysis.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
• Short- and long-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
• Employee discount programs.
• 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.