Republic Services Front End Developer in Scottsdale, Arizona
Republic Services is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and non-hazardous solid waste. Through our subsidiaries, Republic’s collection companies, recycling centers, transfer stations, and landfills focus on providing effective solutions to make proper waste disposal effortless for our 14 million customers. We’ll handle it from here., our brand promise, lets customers know they can count on Republic to provide a superior experience while fostering a sustainable Blue Planet for future generations to enjoy a cleaner, safer and healthier world. Why Work with Us Our Company cannot thrive without great people devoted to serving customers, the community and the planet. We hire the best people to make Republic a great place to work. We are focused on attracting talented individuals across professions who are as committed to serving customers and the planet as we are. We strive to create a workplace that's meaningful and rewarding to our 33,000 employees. That's why we are proud to be recognized as Best Large Employer by Forbes, World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere, and Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s 2018 Corporate Equality Index.
The Front End Developer serves as a technical resource on the Digital development team (Web & Mobile) and participates in all phases of the development life cycle. The Front End Developer analyzes complex business and technical problems and will shape and deliver the Company’s new e-commerce platform. The Front End Developer analyzes, configures and tunes the front end web application and is considered to have advanced knowledge on web technologies. The Front End Developer also adheres to and enforces software development standards and general best practices for web development.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Participates in the development of the next generation of responsive e-commerce web applications.
• Designs and develops new web and content modules that can be reused throughout the company.
• Builds web applications that are heavily dependent on APIs.
• Stays current on relevant technology that is used or can be used in the Company’s applications.
• Works cross-functionally with various teams including Integration, QA, Operations and the business to help drive results forward.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience in software development, information systems, or equivalent technical environment, including previous experience in development of highly transactional, mission critical applications in environments/architectures for multi-user systems (required)
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
• Experience with agile software development methodologies (Scrum, Kanban)
• In depth understanding of and experience in developing highly transactional, mission critical applications
• Experience in all aspects of the software development lifecycle: design, functional and technical requirements, coding, debugging, testing, release, and operational support.
• Deep understanding of object-oriented programming methodologies
• Experience with software development best practices, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Advanced proficiency with the following technologies:
o Front end web technologies including AngularJS, Typescript, Node, Bootstrap or Material Design, CSS3, HTML5
o Web development tools and frameworks including
• CSS preprocessing, e.g. LESS
• Front end build tools, e.g. Gulp, Grunt
• Front end components, e.g. Bower
• Developer/Build tools including GIT and Jenkins
• Code analysis tools such as PMD, Checkstyle, Findbugs, and Sonar.
o Experience consuming RESTful web services
o Understanding of web performance optimization techniques
o Experience integrating with Content Management Systems such as Drupal
o Experience deploying to cloud platforms such as AWS and Heroku
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
• Short- and long-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
• Employee discount programs.
• 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.