Republic Services Senior Information Security Engineer in Scottsdale, Arizona
Republic Services is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and non-hazardous solid waste. Through our subsidiaries, Republic’s collection companies, recycling centers, transfer stations, and landfills focus on providing effective solutions to make proper waste disposal effortless for our 14 million customers. We’ll handle it from here., our brand promise, lets customers know they can count on Republic to provide a superior experience while fostering a sustainable Blue Planet for future generations to enjoy a cleaner, safer and healthier world.
Why Work with Us
Our Company cannot thrive without great people devoted to serving customers, the community, and the planet. We hire the best people to make Republic a great place to work. We are focused on attracting talented individuals across professions who are as committed to serving customers and the planet as we are. We strive to create a workplace that's meaningful and rewarding to our 33,000 employees. That's why we are proud to be recognized as Best Large Employer by Forbes, World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere, and One of the Most Meaningful Companies to Work for in America by Business Insider.
The Senior Information Security Engineer is responsible for designing and implementing enterprise security solutions. The Senior Information Security Engineer works closely with other departments, IT teams, and vendors to evaluate and select enterprise security solutions, which advance Republic Services’ security posture.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Architect and implement enterprise security solutions • Lead administration and maintenance for enterprise security infrastructure • Identify, evaluate, and recommend information security technologies that improve our posture • Function as the Technical Lead / SME for enterprise security • Develop project plans and assist in the implementation of critical security infrastructure • Build, maintain, and manage strong relationships across cross functional teams to resolve problems and deliver information security services • Perform Level 3 / Level 4 incident response / support to triage security events/incidents, identify root cause, determine next steps, and drive incident resolution • Collaborate with IT teams to define and establish secure configuration standards for infrastructure • Draft configuration manuals, operating procedures, reports, and system hardening guidelines • Mentor, cross-train and develop other team members on new security tools and technologies • Performs other job-related duties as assigned. The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• Minimum of 8 years of experience in an information security role with progressive experience in designing and implementing enterprise security solutions. (Required). • Experience implementing and operating at least four of the following: DNS based protections, email filtering and security, web proxies, anti-virus, threat hunting, or log review/investigation. (Required). • Bachelor’s degree in information security, information systems, computer science, or mathematics. • Information security certifications such as Global Information Assurance Certification (e.g., GSEC, GCIH, GCED), Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP), Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Security, Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) Security, or Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP). • Experience with intrusion prevention systems (IPS), vulnerability scanning/management, system hardening, security standards, data loss prevention (DLP) solutions, and endpoint detection and response (EDR). • Intermediate to advanced proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office products: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio. • Experience with automation, scripting, and integrations using APIs. • Prior experience with root cause analysis and security incident response. • Passion for architecting, coordinating, and implementing enterprise security solutions. • Strong analytical abilities and problem solving skills. (technical, analytical)
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
• Short- and long-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
• Employee discount programs.
• 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.