Republic Services Senior Quality Assurance Engineer in Scottsdale, Arizona
Republic Services is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and non-hazardous solid waste. Through our subsidiaries, Republic’s collection companies, recycling centers, transfer stations, and landfills focus on providing effective solutions to make proper waste disposal effortless for our 14 million customers. We’ll handle it from here., our brand promise, lets customers know they can count on Republic to provide a superior experience while fostering a sustainable Blue Planet for future generations to enjoy a cleaner, safer and healthier world. Why Work with Us Our Company cannot thrive without great people devoted to serving customers, the community and the planet. We hire the best people to make Republic a great place to work. We are focused on attracting talented individuals across professions who are as committed to serving customers and the planet as we are. We strive to create a workplace that's meaningful and rewarding to our 33,000 employees. That's why we are proud to be recognized as Best Large Employer by Forbes, World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere, and Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s 2018 Corporate Equality Index.
The Senior QA Test Engineer is responsible for leading the end to end quality of projects within the Company’s Web, Mobile, and other Application Portfolios. The Senior QA Test Engineer is responsible for architecting new automated test strategies and frameworks in addition to creating, testing, and planning for both manual and automated test frameworks to optimize testing of complex web and mobile applications. The Senior QA Test Engineer demonstrates innovation, leadership, and mentorship skills in addition to possessing a strong technical and programming/test automation skill set. The Senior QA Test Engineer delivers creative and innovative solutions to support the development team through planning and prioritization of test design, test development, and test automation activities. This work will be accomplished within an Agile methodology or other methodologies in support of a Continuous Delivery Pipeline with frequent application releases.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Coaches and mentors Senior QA Test Engineers and QA Test Engineers in execution of testing efforts
• Leads effort to review product specifications and work with others to develop appropriate test strategies, detailed test plans, and test architectures
• Leads formal reviews of test plans, designs, and requirements with cross-functional teams
• Researches, develops and/or recommends tools to assist Senior QA Test Engineers and QA Test Engineers in test planning, execution, and reporting
• Develops, implements, and automates test plans and test cases in an Agile environment.
• Builds or uses existing automation tools to test interfaces between systems and applications such as web services, Tibco services, or other APIs.
• Accountable for all aspects of quality within the software development team.
• Tracks and prioritizes defects throughout product releases and lifecycles.
• Uses quality control tools and metrics to discover defects and make recommendations for resolution.
• Works with Agile teams or other IT teams to plan, estimate, schedule and execute testing for applications including:
o Establishes, organizes and executes testing deliverables.
o Documents and executes complex software test plans and strategies.
o Ensures traceability of test cases back to project requirements.
o Executes end to end test scenarios.
o Coordinates and supports user-acceptance test plans.
o Works with Agile team or other IT teams to report and resolve complex issues.
• Ensures software applications meet functional requirements.
• Participates in all aspects of testing at all levels, including functional, system, regression and load testing.
• Records and reports on testing metrics.
• Follows test documentation standards and makes updates as necessary.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• Minimum of 3 years of software test experience with focus on web and mobile applications and test automation.
• Experience with software automation testing methodologies including regression, functional, unit, integration, coverage, performance and load.
• Experience testing applications that integrate with other systems through RESTful API's.
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, management information systems, or related field.
• Experience with HP ALM for test management.
• Experience in Agile using tools such as Rally or Jira.
• Advanced understanding of open source web frameworks such as Angular, Bootstrap, Node.js, Express, Selenium, SoapUI, HP UFT, and HP ALM.
• Advanced understanding of web application testing tools such as Selenium, Jasmine, Protractor, and HP UFT.
• Knowledge of Cloud platforms and services such as Amazon, Heroku, Perfecto Mobile, and SauceLabs.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
• Short- and long-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
• Employee discount programs.
• 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.