Republic Services Senior Storage Engineer in Scottsdale, Arizona
Republic Services is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and non-hazardous solid waste. Through our subsidiaries, Republic’s collection companies, recycling centers, transfer stations, and landfills focus on providing effective solutions to make proper waste disposal effortless for our 14 million customers. We’ll handle it from here., our brand promise, lets customers know they can count on Republic to provide a superior experience while fostering a sustainable Blue Planet for future generations to enjoy a cleaner, safer and healthier world. Why Work with Us Our Company cannot thrive without great people devoted to serving customers, the community and the planet. We hire the best people to make Republic a great place to work. We are focused on attracting talented individuals across professions who are as committed to serving customers and the planet as we are. We strive to create a workplace that's meaningful and rewarding to our 33,000 employees. That's why we are proud to be recognized as Best Large Employer by Forbes, World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere, and Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s 2018 Corporate Equality Index.
The Senior Storage Engineer drives all phases of Storage Engineering; including architecture, design, support and implementation, and performance engineering for our enterprise Storage Area Network (SANs) infrastructure. Will work key technical and business stakeholders to determine data and storage requirements and create solutions to meet requirements. . The Senior Storage Engineer should have hands on experience with SAN/NAS management, coordinating and performing system backups, and performing system installations. The candidate needs to have a working knowledge of Cloud Platforms and productivity architectures such as Amazon Web Services, and Azure and will collaborate cross-functionally in the architecture of storage arrays to provide a highly scalable, highly available, and high performing SAN architecture for the enterprise. Daily responsibilities include; root cause analysis, monitoring system availability, troubleshooting storage and cloud related issues, diagnosis and resolving problems, recovering processes affected during down-times, developing system modifications, hardware and software configurations/upgrades/maintenance, performance monitoring and tuning, change management, creation of technical and procedural documentation, and disaster recovery participation.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Responsible for evaluation, design, implementation and support for Storage and backup Infrastructure. • Plans and implements technical projects and works on technical and coordination tasks. • Performs storage allocations and witch related tasks. • Performs all support tasks including tuning, troubleshooting, and maintenances. • Contributes and develops best practices, methodologies, templates and documentation. • Performs management and capacity planning for infrastructure components. • Performs root cause analysis for the storage and infrastructure related issues. • Provides recommendations for the improvement of the infrastructure. • Works with Storage & Backup team customers for cross functional tasks. • Responsible for test planning and execution. • Ensures compliance with policies and procedures for change and incident management. • Maintains updated knowledge of industry trends and new technologies and recommend future initiatives. • Performs other job related duties as assigned or apparent. The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required by personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field or 8 years of related experience. (Required) • Minimum of 4 years of enterprise technical support experience. (Required) • Minimum of 4 years of SAN Storage Administration experience. (Required) • Minimum of 4 years of SAN & Storage design experience. (Required) • Minimum of 4 years of enterprise backup experience. (Required) • Experience with: o Cisco or Brocade SAN fabric. o SAN on 200+ TB of storage across multiple subsystems. o Hitachi & Netbackup and backup technologies/ related products. o Creating scripts for process automation and monitoring. o Scripting/automation skills (e.g. VB Script) for process automation and monitoring and/or experience with WMI. o VMware View and/or VMware vCloud Director. • Storage/SAN certifications. • Basic understanding of security concepts. (i.e. Active Directory, NTFS permissions, security auditing, security user contexts, application layer vulnerabilities, etc).
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
• Short- and long-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
• Employee discount programs.
• 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.