Republic Services Sr Salesforce Developer in Scottsdale, Arizona
Republic Services is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and non-hazardous solid waste. Through our subsidiaries, Republic’s collection companies, recycling centers, transfer stations, and landfills focus on providing effective solutions to make proper waste disposal effortless for our 14 million customers. We’ll handle it from here., our brand promise, lets customers know they can count on Republic to provide a superior experience while fostering a sustainable Blue Planet for future generations to enjoy a cleaner, safer and healthier world. Why Work with Us Our Company cannot thrive without great people devoted to serving customers, the community and the planet. We hire the best people to make Republic a great place to work. We are focused on attracting talented individuals across professions who are as committed to serving customers and the planet as we are. We strive to create a workplace that's meaningful and rewarding to our 33,000 employees. That's why we are proud to be recognized as Best Large Employer by Forbes, World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere, and Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s 2018 Corporate Equality Index.
The Senior Salesforce Developer develops, configures, codes, tests, and debugs complex new software, enhancements to existing proprietary software or purchased software packages. In conjunction with functional users and IT Business Systems personnel, the Senior Salesforce Developer assists with the design and documentation of the Company’s application software environment, regularly provides guidance and training to less experienced programmer/analysts, and is responsible for leading application development projects of a very high complexity.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Integrates reporting with the use of Salesforce.com Web Service. • Resolves web problems and issues using Rest API/Soap API; utilizes Apex and Visualforce to create custom controllers and extensions. • Conceptualizes, prepares and creates detailed technical specifications; writes, tests, analyzes, and implements high quality code according to specifications utilizing experience with data retrieval and integration across multiple platforms. • Conducts daily deployments to the QA environment, including manual changes, Changesets, data loader instructions and Ant deployments utilizing SVN and Ant Migration Tool. • Applies Salesforce.com administration, including workflow rules, approval processes and outbound messages; uses Selenium to automate web applications for testing purposes. • Builds custom queries with SOQL; • Work with and support cross-functional teams. • Performs code reviews. • Complies with all required Company policies and practices relating to the System Development Life Cycle. • As a subject matter expert, will assist others in defining application system scope and objectives through research and fact finding and makes recommendations pertaining to system design and solutions. • Provides Tier 3 support and resolution of open IT issues escalated by IT Customer Support. • Develops project plans for application software implementation activities of medium to high level of complexity and coordinates and oversees the implementation. • Maintains and builds strong vendor relationships to resolve problems and coordinate the delivery of IT products and services. • Travel by air, car or other modes of transportation may be required up to 10% of the time. • Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent. The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required by personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, computer engineering or related field (willing to accept foreign education equivalent) • Minimum of 5 years of experience as a developer with Salesforce.com experience; salesforce.com administration to include workflow rules, approval processes and outbound messages. • Salesforce.com Certified Developer – DEV401 • Visual Force, Apex experience. • Minimum of 3 years of experience with data retrieval and integration across multiple platforms. • Experience with SOQL; SVN, Ant Migration Tool, ChangeSets and data loader; Rest API/Soap API.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
• Short- and long-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
• Employee discount programs.
• 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.