Republic Services Staff Engineer-Microsoft Stack in Scottsdale, Arizona
Republic Services is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and non-hazardous solid waste. Through our subsidiaries, Republic’s collection companies, recycling centers, transfer stations, and landfills focus on providing effective solutions to make proper waste disposal effortless for our 14 million customers. We’ll handle it from here., our brand promise, lets customers know they can count on Republic to provide a superior experience while fostering a sustainable Blue Planet for future generations to enjoy a cleaner, safer and healthier world. Why Work with Us Our Company cannot thrive without great people devoted to serving customers, the community and the planet. We hire the best people to make Republic a great place to work. We are focused on attracting talented individuals across professions who are as committed to serving customers and the planet as we are. We strive to create a workplace that's meaningful and rewarding to our 33,000 employees. That's why we are proud to be recognized as Best Large Employer by Forbes, World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere, and Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s 2018 Corporate Equality Index.
The Staff Engineer is a hands-on technical leadership role responsible for building and maintaining complex enterprise scale platforms and architectures.
The Staff Engineer is responsible for non-managerial leadership of an Information Technology technical team by instructing, coordinating, directing, and reviewing the work of other team members. This position develops and promotes standard operating procedures and policies for the operating platforms in their area of responsibility.
The Staff Engineer is responsible for ensuring Enterprise Architecture principles, standards, and high-level (conceptual, logical, physical) architectural approaches are adhered to by implementation teams. This position is also responsible for leading continuous improvements to the team’s software development and/or operational processes.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Provides technical direction related to project deliverables for both on-shore and off-shore team members.
• Reviews business requirements and technical analysis to develop system implementation approaches designed to meet business objectives, while also consulting with Solution/Enterprise Architects.
• Maintains and utilizes expert knowledge of, and provides system support for at least two or more complex technical operating environments.
• Manages code quality by leading code reviews and ensuring appropriate unit test coverage is in place.
• Contributes to project deliverables by performing system administration and/or software development tasks as needed.
• Provides input to management for team member’s performance reviews and other hiring and promotion decisions.
• Provides Tier 2 and 3 support and resolution of open IT issues escalated by IT Customer Support.
• Performs other job related duties as assigned.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• Bachelor’s degree in IT or related discipline
• Minimum of 8 years of experience in engineering, developing, planning and executing Infrastructure Enterprise technology solutions, tools, operations and support.
• Experience in designing, building, and operating a highly-available, site-resilient Exchange environment with 10K+mailboxes.
• Experience with scripting tools such as Batch, WMI, VBScript, PowerShell to automate common functions.
• Knowledge of Cloud architectures, services, and DevOps practices within Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google, etc.
• Demonstrates accountability, sound decision making, analytical thoroughness, clear and concise communications, and the ability to lead and coach team members.
• Experience with enterprise monitoring tools, such as Solarwinds, vROPS, SPLUNK.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
• Short- and long-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
• Employee discount programs.
• 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.