Republic Services Sales Supervisor in Telford, Pennsylvania
Republic Services is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and non-hazardous solid waste. Through our subsidiaries, Republic’s collection companies, recycling centers, transfer stations, and landfills focus on providing effective solutions to make proper waste disposal effortless for our 14 million customers. We’ll handle it from here., our brand promise, lets customers know they can count on Republic to provide a superior experience while fostering a sustainable Blue Planet for future generations to enjoy a cleaner, safer and healthier world. Why Work with Us Our Company cannot thrive without great people devoted to serving customers, the community and the planet. We hire the best people to make Republic a great place to work. We are focused on attracting talented individuals across professions who are as committed to serving customers and the planet as we are. We strive to create a workplace that's meaningful and rewarding to our 33,000 employees. That's why we are proud to be recognized as Best Large Employer by Forbes, World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere, and Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s 2018 Corporate Equality Index.
The Sales Supervisor assists the Sales Manager or General Manager with planning, organizing, directing and coordinating the activities of the sales function for an assigned division or business unit to maximize sales volume, driving targeted profitable growth and professionally developing the sales staff. In addition, the Sales Supervisor may manage assigned accounts and perform such functions as prospecting new clients and retaining existing customers.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Professional presentation; is confident, assertive and displays a high level of self-esteem.
• Good time management skills to ensure assigned responsibilities are completed in an efficient manner.
• Good communication skills; is able to effectively communicate to all levels of management, both internally and externally.
• Strong active listening skills; gives full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions when appropriate, and letting others fully state their ideas.
• Grasps concepts quickly and has good follow through skills; adheres to work schedule and follows through on challenges as they arise; maintains a positive outlook.
• Has the ability to identify the information needed to clarify a situation; seeks information from appropriate sources; has the ability to tackle a problem using a logical, sequential approach and can anticipate the implications of actions.
• Good written and verbal presentation skills.
• Is self-motivated; maintains a feeling of pride in work; has a strong work ethic and strives to achieve all goals; is competitive and has a strong drive to win; takes appropriate risks.
• Is trustworthy and maintains the highest level of confidentiality at all times.
• Is high energy, friendly and engaging; has excellent persuasion skills; can persuade others to change their minds or behavior.
• Has a service orientation; is actively looking for ways to help people.
• Ability to foster teamwork and enlist the support and participation of others.
• Demonstrates the ability for innovation and supports organizational change to enhance organizational effectiveness.
• Is responsible for one’s performance and sets clear expectations for the performance of his or her team.
• Bachelor’s Degree is highly desirable.
• Provide sales coaching and training on an individual basis and through regular team meeting to improve sales results and drive targeted profitable growth. Activities may include “ride-along” with sales personnel to provide training and coaching, as well as attending customer meetings.
• Provide assistance to field sales leadership in the implementation and execution of business strategies and marketing plans.
• Supervise a staff of sales professionals and participate in hiring, training, coaching and performance management.
• Supervise sales personnel in the effective implementation of the Company’s pricing initiatives; partners with leadership to ensure that budgeted pricing metrics are being achieved.
• Assist, as necessary, with new customer solicitation, bid preparation and customer retention strategies.
• Meet regularly with sales personnel and management to review sales activity funnel (CRM tool), customer retention and relationship activities, review sales performance compared to goal, production and training needs.
• Ensure the sales professionals’ effective use of the Company’s Contact Relationship Management tool to develop robust information profiles on prospective customers and facilitate acquisition of new customers.
• Maintain accountability for sales goal achievement, including but not limited to respective key metrics and/or budget achievement.
• Proactively contact assigned accounts to identify customer needs, changing requirements or potential issues and resolve accordingly.
• Maintain an awareness of market behavior and competitive trends in designated market to anticipate changing customer needs; proactively manage customer base.
• Maintain a thorough knowledge of the Company’s available services, lines of business, pricing structures and sell additional services to existing commercial and industrial clients, including total waste stream management, as appropriate, to grow targeted revenue and contribute to Company goals and objectives.
• Complete all required sales reports in a thorough and timely fashion.
• Assist the Sales Manager in the review Customer Service Agreements for terms and conditions pricing, accuracy, etc.
• Perform other job-related duties, as required. The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• High School diploma or GED.
• Two or more years of progressive experience in a sales role, including experience training, mentoring, coaching, setting standards and/or acting as a resource for others.
• Valid driver’s license.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
• Short- and long-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
• Employee discount programs.
• 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.